Copaxone and Mood swings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone and Mood swings...

So i have always had issues with Anxiety and mood swings... but i feel them more heightend now that i started my copaxone...Granted I have only taken 3 injections but still I know me and these mood swings are worse than normal..Anybody else ?
    The joy of the Lord is my strength...
    Diagnosed March 2010

From the Copaxone prescribing information:

Post marketing adverse event reporting lists the following as frequent events (occurring in numbers greater than 1 in 100):

Abnormal dreams, emotional lability (mood swings) and stupor.

It is unknown whether these events are related to exposure to glatiramer acetate (Copaxone).

I didn't have mood swings when I was on Copaxone, but I did experience stupor.

Hopefully, if it is the Copaxone that's causing trouble for you, the problems will resolve as your body gets used to the med.

Comment

I haven't had the mood swings but definitely anxiety issues from time to time. Sometimes it comes out of nowhere, this wave of panic. I've never had anxiety issues before so this was new. I've been on Copaxone for almost four months and I still have the issue now and then. Most of the time I ride it out; but occasionally I will take a Xanax to help.

Comment

You have only had 3 injections of copaxone? Were you on a different medication before? I have been on it for six months. I think like any drug, probably need to give it time for your body to adjust to it, and let it do its thing. One thing I found, that I try not to so so much of, is relate everythng to ms. Is hard to do though.

Comment

Working...
        X