Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I decided to take the med

hi,

I just figured i'd let you all know i decided to take the med. I posted a few weeks ago i was on the fence. Met with neuro today who made a good argument. Exact words were see how your walking today, your playing with fire right now. Please dont. I knew I'd get med speech today, he said i invite you to do round w/me if you can and see what deciding not to take the meds can do to your body. ms will eat you alive especially with all the stress you have right now.

So, i'm calling nurse from company to come downa nd show me how to inject myself w/the avonex. i didn't want to start until after i took my kids camping so id' feel well. yet the whole playing with fire thing yes scared me!

Jen Dx'd 5/11
    "Live each day as if it were your last"

to you for making that decision! I know it is not done lightly. but - in the end - you will feel better for taking a proactive step to protect your health!
    'MM' = Marion with Espe, Trusty & in Loving Memory of Madeleine

* Another Beta Babe Since 2007 *

Comment

I'm so glad you changed your mind. I believe the benefits far outweigh the risks in most cases. And from everything I've read, the sooner you start treatment, the better your course will be.
      Diagnosis: May, 2008
      Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

Find out about 1/4 doses to start. the first ones are very difficult. Also, if you're not too large, there are thinner, shorter needles.

I ice the area before the injection.

Good luck!

Comment

hi thanks....

i gotta get a hold of the nurse first and i think their office is closed now to set up her coming. i kinda know how to inject something, how hard can it be? lol yet they require the nurse coming out first time.

doc said dump out half of the syrum in the needle first time out for first mos.he wants to see how i'll react to it. i wanted to wait till after i took my kids camping yet he said what are you doing?

i guess i have nothing to lose. if it's a bad side effect than i'll start playing the med game. my families been putting pressure on me nicely though to start med therapy. yet they don't know all of ms as we all do or rather im beginning to.

i need other help bigtime. can you guys go to the relationship forum. i am openly admitting i'm at a loss w/my husband sad to say.
          Jen Dx'd 5/11
          "Live each day as if it were your last"

Comment

Working...
          X