Rebif will be here Wednesday, tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebif will be here Wednesday, tips?

Okay, I'm starting my first dmd this week, any last minute tips? I will most likely use the rebiject.

Ice before or after? Both? Tylenol one hour prior? Anything else?

Hi Starry1,

It's been years since I was on Rebif but I still remember it!

Drink plenty of fluids. In the beginning I iced before and rubbed after. But after awhile I did neither, just shoot and go.

Don't be alarmed at the sound of the Rebiject. It makes quite a loud snapping noise.

The nurse will teach you more tips & tricks, I'm sure.

Most importantly, try to relax!

Be well,

Comment

Don't forget your ibuprofen or whatever OTC drug you prefer. Any time I forgot to take mine before I injected Rebif I'd get very bad flu like symptoms.

Comment

That rebiject does seem a bit like overkill doesn't it? It looks like something the Terminator should be armed with.

I'm getting nervous about this. Hopefully one day I'll be as nonchalant about it as you experienced folks.

Comment

One other thing I'd advise. Take some deep breathes to help your body relax before you inject. Much, much luck! I'm sure you'll be a pro before you know it. Let us know how it goes.
          What if trials of this life
          Are Your mercies in disguise?
          "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Oh, I forgot, and my other post hasn't even posted yet. LOL

I liked to reward myself with a miniature candybar. Kind of a mind game thing.
            What if trials of this life
            Are Your mercies in disguise?
            "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Rebif Tips

I took Rebif for 4 years then took a year off while I was being treated for breast cancer. I have now re-started the Rebif. Here are a few tips for you:

1. Bring the syringes to room temperature before injection. I put the syringes for the week in my supplies box so I do not have to wait around for them to warm up. They can be left unrefrigerated up to 77 degrees for up to 30 days.

2. Rotate the injection sites. Avoid any area that is red, hard, bruised, sore, etc.

3. Pre or post-medicate as you see fit.

4. My nurse recommended a warm compress on the site prior to injection.

5. Massage the injection site afterwards so that the medicine is dispersed under the skin.

6. I keep all my supplies in a small box so that I do not have to hunt around for anything on injection day. This includes the syringes, Aleve, cotton balls, alcohol swabs, Rebiject device, shot journal, and a small Sharps container.

Good luck. You CAN do this.

Comment

@jessiesmom

You are so organized!! I used to do all the icing, medicating, swabbing, but got lazy over the years nd now it is inject (no rebiject) and go. My shot journal was always the same anyway.

I took my last Rebif shot on sun night (9 years and 1400+ needles later) Switching to Gilenya Thursday!

You had great tips for newbies, thanks for sharing.
                Dx May 2002 RRMS
                Rebif Sept 2002 to June 2011
                Gilenya June 2011 - present
                EDSS 0.0

Comment

My rebiject is quiet, I heard other people say there loud but anyways give the shot near bedtime in case you get any flu like symtoms you will sleep through them. Luckily the only side effect I get is a kinda warm feeling and am a little sweaty but that comes next day for a bit, but other than that I feel good. The only thing I do that is not mentioned is when I load the injector I don't push down on the plunger so I don't get the drip that can cause the burn feel, I push down on the outside of the syringe

Comment

Just took my very first shot. I feel very flushed in the throat and torso and I can feel quite a bit of burning under the skin at the injection site, but I'm otherwise okay. I think.

Comment

Well done hope everything was fine I have just started on the full dose and no side effects just feel a bit strange next day its not all bad like most posts seem to say .

Comment

Working...
                      X