CuraScripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CuraScripts

Does anyone else use ExpressScripts/Curascripts to get meds? All the sudden my doctor's faxes are not being received.

I have called my doctor.... they have sent at least 4 faxes, one while I was there... I have called Curascript.... yelled at them... twice so far.... they have even spoken with my doctor's office, yet I can't seem to get the scrip filled for Copaxone.

I now have the supervisor calling my doctor's office......I am more than angry at this point. The supervisor wouldn't put in the notes that I was angry.....even after I asked him to note my displeasure.

UGH!!!

I use Curascript for Ampyra, and ExpressScript for my other meds. Curascript calls me when I'm due for a refill for my Ampyra, and they've been doing this for many months. I don't know if it's special treatment for Ampyra, since it's a new med, or if they do this for all meds. Curascript is a specialty pharmacy connected to ExpressScript, since the latter doesn't handle newer meds, I think.
    Good luck with them. What a pain!

Comment

I use them, but there have been no problems that I am aware of. Good luck.

Comment

Curascript works for me

I use Curascript for my Ampyra & Tysabri. They call me once a month for both and I have never had any problems with them.

Comment

CuraScript

I have used CuraScript on 2 separate occasions to get my Rebif. They have always delivered the Rebif in a timely fashion and I have never run out. They always ask if I need any alcohol swabs or a Sharps container. There was once an issue about how much my co-pay was since I was on the Patient Assistance Program. Between MS LifeLines and CuraScript they figured it out.

Comment

FINALLY

Thanks for the comments. I have been on Copaxone for thee and a half years and have not had a problem until now... my biggest issue was that I know that my doctor's office has actually spoken to CuraScripts and still no meds.

After I pitched a royal fit with two supervisors and told one how he was going to solve this problem, did something actually happen. He actually asked me to stop yelling at him... I said apparently this is the only way things can get done!!

When he called my doctor's office today, they still had a run around and had to speak to many people before the script could actually be taken..... Apparently being a royal ********* actually comes in handy... but I hate playing that card.

Thankfully my doctor's perscription was for a three month supply and three refills, so I won't have to have this arguement for another year!!!

Comment

They're my specialty pharmacy and they are complete morons. They can't figure anything out. I can only get 28 day supplies at a time so the worst part of my month is dealing with them. I'm really not looking forward to when I need to send in the new prescription.

Comment

It's what my job uses for my prescriptions and I can't say that I'm a fan. The word I can best use to describe them is "inconsistent". And that goes for Express Scripts as well. I've called and been helped by people who were really friendly and helpful and then called back and gotten someone who has no idea what they are talking about and just as rude as can be.

I remember when my neurologist was discussing putting me on Gilenya and I wanted to see if my insurance covered it or not and I got such a run around. I called CuraScript first since it seemed like a logical place to start since it's the specialty pharmacy and it's a specialty medication. I was told no, I had to call ExpressScripts for pricing. So, I called them (they wouldn't transfer me) and I was told no, it's a specialty drug and I needed to call CuraScript. So I called CuraScript. Again.

This literally went back and forth for about three cycles before I got an answer that just barely satisfied me enough to let it go and stop calling. It annoyed me and I really didn't feel like I was provided the kind of service my insurance premiums should afford me. I really got the distinct impression that I was not a valued customer and that they could care less about helping me.

Comment

I've had no problem with CuraScript for my Copaxone for a year and a half. But I need to get a refill from my new neuro in the next month, so we'll see how that change goes! You have me worried.
                  Brenda
                  Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by 4boysmom View Post
                    I've had no problem with CuraScript for my Copaxone for a year and a half. But I need to get a refill from my new neuro in the next month, so we'll see how that change goes! You have me worried.
                    Sorry, wasn't trying to scare you! I will say for the *most* part, CuraScript hasn't been a major issue when it comes to filling my Copaxone order. It just seems to be an issue when I have questions about pricing or coverage. It seems to me that they like to pass the buck over to ExpressScripts and vice versa.

Comment

So far, so good with Curascript. They've been pleasant and helpful from the beginning. Occasionally we get different answers on a billing question, but mostly we've had a good experience with them.

Comment

They have been good with my beta....... just had to call them re: billing issue. They sure are nice though...

Comment

Sadly I'm glad to see this post because I'm new to Curascripts and so far I'm not impressed. I can't tell you how many times I have received a call from a representative saying they have an order for me yet I don't have an outstanding order. Maybe this is just refills but I don't need a refill at this time. When I did talk to someone, she said she would make a note that I would call them when it was time but I'm still getting the calls. Make me batty. I appreciate the pro-active approach but this is ridiculous.
                          * Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.* Abraham Lincoln
                          I heart Rebif, so far. 4/07

Comment

Originally posted by sassybritches View Post
                            Sadly I'm glad to see this post because I'm new to Curascripts and so far I'm not impressed. I can't tell you how many times I have received a call from a representative saying they have an order for me yet I don't have an outstanding order. Maybe this is just refills but I don't need a refill at this time. When I did talk to someone, she said she would make a note that I would call them when it was time but I'm still getting the calls. Makes me batty. I appreciate the pro-active approach but this is ridiculous.
                            Ugh, me too. It's like a week after I refill my Copaxone; I'm getting a phone call telling me it's refill time! So annoying.

I actually had to use Express Scripts for my Adderall through mail order. What a disaster. I sent my script in on a Tuesday. I was told by the rep I needed to send it to a different PO Box number than the one that was not only on my pre-addressed envelope buton their website as well. They said it could take up to five days to get in their system.

One week later it still isn't in the system. I called a rep and they told me it was still in the "window" as far as not being declared lost. I was a little antsy because this is a schedule II drug, and I wasn't exactly comfortable about receiving it in the mail to begin with. I was told I would get a call as soon as the script showed up.

Next day, no call but the order is in their system. I'm a little ticked that they didn't call but, again, I'm used to Cura/Express Scripts not living up to expectations. I'm starting to run a little low on my meds, but I figure I have enough to get me through the week if I skip taking it on the weekend (I can nap all day anyway, so no biggie). That night, I get home, and there's an email from Express Scripts telling me my order would be delayed and to check their website for details.

Annoyed, I log in and there are absolutely NO details anywhere. It's too late to call, so I figure I'll call in the morning. Next day, first thing when they open I call. I'm already in a sour mood and I'm trying to keep a cool head. A rep gets on the phone and I ask why my order is delayed. She looks into my account and tells me they are waiting for the physical prescription. I tell her that's impossible; I mailed it with my form. So she places me on hold while she looks into it. Five minutes later, I get disconnected.

Now I'm starting to get really testy. I call back, speak to another woman. Tell her what happened and that I am not very happy. She apologizes and looks into it. On hold, but this time she comes back. She tells me that they have the script but it needs to go to a different place to fill. I was pretty mad at that point. I told her I sent it EXACTLY where I was told by the reps and I wanted to know why, if that was the wrong address was I told to send it. She explained that I had sent it to the right address but because it's schedule II, they have to internally send it to a different lab.

I ask how long is this going to take and she tells me two days for the lab to get the script then however long it takes to fill and mail. I then ask to speak with a supervisor. I did tell her I wasn't complaining about her; she had been very pleasant. She transferred me to a supervisor.

I told her how unhappy I was with this whole process and that I'd be out of medication before the shipment arrived. She told me I could ask for an emergency refill. I asked who's supposed to pay for that? Not just the copay but also for having a script written when I don't have an appointment? She really couldn't be bothered and didn't really give me an answer.

Eventually, she did authorize a free overnight upgrade, and offered an apology. When I was off the phone, I called my benefits department to complain. The rep took the ball and called them on my behalf. No major insights of resolution but she did tell me to take notes when I have issues like this and report to her. The HR department does a monthly call with Express Scripts to discuss problems and concerns and she said she'd be more than happy to forward them.

Anyway, tl;dr my point in all this is that Cura/Express Scripts really makes things into a big hassle and just don't make me feel like they're very competent. Also, I still haven't forgot about their security breach from a few years ago!

Comment

andeolus,
                              I am right there with you!!! I had to use Express Pain in My Butt for my sleeping medication. Of course, it had to get lost, now didn't it? I was told I can't remember how many different stories of how to wait and how soon they could send a replacement. I get that it was a controlled substance, but I've taking that same one for YEARS!!!!!!! I apologized in advance to the supervisor that I eventually got, but I sick of the different answers and lies that their representatives spewed forth, what was HE going to do to rectify the problem. I avoid Express Scripts if I can.
                              "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."~ Roger Caras

Comment

Working...
                              X