Has anyone tried Low Dose Naltrexone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried Low Dose Naltrexone?

Been on Avonex, Copaxone and Gilyena. First two didn't work, last one allergic to. Do not want Tysabri - JCV positive. Wondering if anyone takes Low Dose Naltrexone, if so how is it working - good, bad and side effects. thanks for the info.

After 18 Tysabri infusions, a year of Novantrone, 10 years of Avonex, Rebif and Copaxone, I've been taking LDN now going on four years.

Over the four years, I've pretty much seen my disease progression slow dramatically if not come to a halt. My MS-fatigue is gone, spasticity is greatly reduced (I take half as much Baclofen), I have better balance and my optic neuritis cleared-up completely.

I now take LDN every-other-day. My wife does the same, but for Crohn's, for which LDN is being clinically shown to be helpful. MS and Crohn's have similarities.

Since being on LDN, neither of us have been sick, not even a cold, and we have teenagers at home.

To be fair, I have not had an MRI to measure lesions, though I have no new symptoms. I've had MS for about 20 years so have a lot of accumulated damage to my myelin sheath, all in my upper spine, but nothing new has developed that I can tell.

For me at least, the CRABs didn't work, I progressed anyway over the 10 years I injected them.

I also take 4-AP and many supplements considered beneficial to managing MS, including:

Curcumin
    N Acetyl Glucosamine
    Alpha Lipoic Acid
    Magnesium
    Vitamin D
    Fish / Flax Oil

...and some others. Curcumin has been especially useful (google: curcumin multiple sclerosis).

I suggest you visit these websites for some LDN user testimonials:

www.lowdosenaltrexone.org
    www.LDNdatabase.com
    www.LDNaware.org
    www.LDNscience.org
    www.LDNresearchtrust.org

Comment

My neuro never suggested but prescribed it at my request. Went into it with an open mind, but it did nothing for me.
      Tawanda

Comment

Working...
      X