Red Spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Spots

Hello folks, it has been a while since i have been on this board, life has been crazy. I am on Betaserone now for about 7 months and just had a follow up MRI and will find out about it at my Docs apt in 2 weeks, they refuse to give out info ovre the phone...

So a question, does anyone else on Betaserone have red dots everywhere??? At first I thought they were freckles or moles on my arms, chest and stomach, but nope they are blood red and multiplying. I have done a little research but have no idea what to call them so it is hard to identify them. I know there is a sideeffect to beta that causes blood problems with platlet counts and such that will cause pin head sized red spots.

Has anyone dealth with this? Is it something I need to go jump on the Doc about or is it just another PITA of having MS?

Thank you for your help

Roxanne
    Time is but a name we give to the passing moments of life, it is these moments that hold all the meaning.

Are the spots raised...or like broken blood vessels ?
    Dx 06/07
    Copaxone

Comment

It sounds like you're talking about hives?
      It could be meds, but as I recall you folks just moved to the wild 'n woolies of New Hampster.
      You might want to get your histamine levels checked.
      The boonies can have all sorts or surprises and you may be allergic to one of them. While everyone is familiar with poison ivy, there are many different plants in your neck of the woods that can cause similar reactions (everything from the sumacs to some varieties of maples and cedars).

Comment

Originally posted by Bob698 View Post
        The boonies can have all sorts or surprises and you may be allergic to one of them. While everyone is familiar with poison ivy, there are many different plants in your neck of the woods that can cause similar reactions (everything from the sumacs to some varieties of maples and cedars).
        Being from OK, I should be offended by the boonies comment but I'll let it slide. And New Hampster is a total new one! LOL

I started Beta last Saturday () and am getting them as well. Also every shot I've done has left a bruise. To me the little bumps look like ingrown hair folicles but they aren't raised.
        Rae Roy

Comment

Originally posted by RoyaleMSer View Post
          Being from OK, I should be offended by the boonies comment but I'll let it slide.
          Being that I used to live in northern Maine, I used to be the boonies.
          The point being that I remember Rocky saying they had moved to the rural side of NH. Its beautiful country but it is country and sometimes you run into suprises, especially with the flora up there.
          Its probably a reaction while she builds up a tolerance, but I'd keep allergies in play just in case.

Comment

I'd call the doc's ofc & tell them in case he wants to do blood work before your appt.

I've had some uncommon side effects of B, but not this one!
            DX 10/2008
            Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
            Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
            Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Originally posted by Bob698 View Post
              Being that I used to live in northern Maine, I used to be the boonies.
              The point being that I remember Rocky saying they had moved to the rural side of NH.
              That sentence was meant to have an LOL after it. OOPS!
              Rae Roy

Comment

I'd let a doctor check it out. They might be petechiae which can be caused by any number of reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyaleMSer View Post
                  Also every shot I've done has left a bruise.
                  That shouldn't be happening.
                  Try slowing it down, especially the first part of the injection. I go super slow from the point where the needle contacts the skin until its about a quarter of the way in. I'm mostly letting gravity do the work. If you feel a pinch right off the bat, try again in a different spot.
                  One thing I tried that DIDN'T work was rotating the barrel of the needle a quarter of a turn to get it started. Trust me, don't try that.

I think the problem is that we tend to use our experiences as our guide and everyone knows that the nurse just shoves the needle in and gets it over as quick as possible.
                  But, think about it. That nurse might have another 100 injections after us. We don't, we just have to do one shot.

Stick with it , you might just need a little more experience which you'll get with time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshyne View Post
                    Are the spots raised...or like broken blood vessels ?
                    Yes like broken blood vessles, I had the doctors check it out and my PCP said she felt they were hemangiomas (sp?) and nothing to worry about, they come with middle age. I'm 31 almost 32 I HOPE this isn't middle age!!!

I did ask her to run some blood tests though just in case. The Petichea (again sp?) someone esle mentioned are a side effect of Beta but she didn't think these were those. Most of them are about the size of a pin head, but several are larger and they are away from the skin like a mole. Bleed like crazy if you cut or scratch them.

I thought perhaps since I seem to always be low on vitimins no matter how many pills I seem to take I would ask her to check those levels, they are also checking my liver since its levels were slightly elivated on the last test.

Turns out I had another active bout of optic neuritis in both eyes, just finished my 3rd day of solumedrol. I have to wonder if the Beta is really doing anything then. Yes I had about 5 months with no attacks, but the weather is warm now and here came another attack. LE Sigh!

Yes I moved to the WILDS of New Hampshire and I do so love it here. I don't think the reaction is an allergic one, I have tons of those and usually can pin point them pretty quickly. I haven't been rolling in fawna recently (hahahaha) and I am one of the fortunate few who can roll in poision ivy and those such things without getting it.

Thank you all I will let you know what the blood work says.
                    Time is but a name we give to the passing moments of life, it is these moments that hold all the meaning.

Comment

Working...
                    X