Beta- Now without contaminated pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta- Now without contaminated pads

Got my newest box from the VA today and there's a happy green label on top which says "New alchohol pads included in blister pack. Please read important patient letter inside." which just says that the new pads are not affected by the recall.

Woot.

Actually, Bayer has been pretty cool and proactive on this mess. I'm sure it was a massive hassle.
    Lot # on this batch is BA0605A, dated Jan 13.

my last shipment came w/o any pads at all, which is OK w/me. We've been using old-fashioned cotton ball & alcohol ever since I heard about the recall.
    DX 10/2008
    Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
    Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
    Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Bad pads - what caused them?

My boxes have come without alcohol prep pads for a few months now, but I wonder what caused the problem in the first place! I have used separate pads since it started as well, but even after reading the information, I am at a loss as to what could have caused it. I mean, what can live in an alcohol environment?

Comment

Same here - no alcohol pads for a few months in my Beta boxes.

The most recent boxes have wipes again, but they're Made In China

I don't have a lot of confidence in our ability to ensure safe manufacturing processes in China ...
        'MM' = Marion with Espe, Trusty & in Loving Memory of Madeleine

* Another Beta Babe Since 2007 *

Comment

My Copaxone was affected by the alcohol pad recall, so I stopped using what was shipped with the Copaxone. Basically, the problem is they are not getting "decontaminated" properly with the radiation machine.
          Diagnosis: May, 2008
          Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

My batch that came in earlier this month had a ziplock bag with a 90-day supply of the wipes in it.

Batch # BA0339A Jan 13

At least they are on the ball!
            Rae Roy

Comment

I've been getting them in the plastic zip bag and last month they were included in the pack again..they changed to a different brand.

Hey RoyalMser...my 2 yr old grandaughter's name is Raegan also
              Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by Camsue View Post
                Hey RoyalMser...my 2 yr old grandaughter's name is Raegan also
                She joined the ranks of greatness! LOL
                Rae Roy

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleinemom View Post
                  Same here - no alcohol pads for a few months in my Beta boxes.

The most recent boxes have wipes again, but they're Made In China

I don't have a lot of confidence in our ability to ensure safe manufacturing processes in China ...
                  What's ironic is that many of us don't use them in the first place.
                  Back when I did my training with the (really cool) Beta nurse, she told me to just get a bag of cotton puffs or pads and bottle of good rubbing alchohol (which should last at least a couple of years).
                  The one thing the included pads are good for is covering the top of the vial after you pop the cap off and before you install it to the needle head.
                  Beta called me when I had a needle QA problem and we talked about this as a side issue. They were really cool about it, but said it was going to be a pain since it was a packaging issue (the shot "kits" are considered sterile until they are opened, and every kit would have to be opened to get the pads out before we used them). Like I said, this was a hassle and a half on their end and really not on ours.

Comment

Working...
                  X