MS symptoms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS symptoms?

Hello all. New member here, not been diagnosed with MS but having some symptoms that could or could not point to it. I would appreciate feedback from the forum.

About 6 months ago I noticed my right index finger would involuntarily twitch. It happened either while I was using a mouse or while i was holding my phone with that hand alone. It was a quick twitch - only about 2 seconds of oscillation. I paid little attention because it happened infrequently - maybe a couple of times every month to six weeks at most.

Two weeks ago, it started happening more, and that feeling of muscle twitch spread to other fingers on the right hand, though those did not twitch - instead they felt like they we're about to. I would say now, it happens about 2 or 3 times a day. In addition, I've started to have muscle twitches all over my body, several times a day, mostly in both arms, upper and lower, as well as a few in my legs. I've also had a daily semi-low grade headache on the back of my head and running down to the top of my neck with associated neck pain. Additionally I've dealt with cramping in both feet, specifically under the soles and some in the toes of my left foot, as well as numbness in my left foot that comes and goes (usually never more than 5 minutes or so at a time, only when I am siting down.

Also, a bit tough to explain, but I am having what feels like dexterity and strength issue with my hands, and there is a sort tightness through each palm and wrist that makes it slightly more difficulty to use my hand at fine type of movements. I'm having a bit of heaviness through my arms and legs though I do not feel weaker. Also, just today, I've had a bit of trembling and wobbly leg in both legs.

Also I feel like I've been a little more fatigued lately - I've definitely been yawning more lately.

I went to my PCP today since I thought it weird in having all of these issues at once. He has said that MA is rare in someone of my age and gender but he is referring me to a neurologist just to make sure. I am also going to be receiving some magnesium and B12 tests along with other blood work. He hinted at possible dehydration, but I told him I did not believe I was drinking less fluids lately.

So, I would be more than happy to hear y'all's thoughts. I appreciate any insight and, whether I join this "club" or not, I certainly feel for those who have to deal with this dreadful disease.

Hi Dantheman:

It isn't your age or gender that make MS unlikely. It's that your symptoms aren't acting like MS. MS doesn't strike randomly all over the body at the same time, particularly not twitching and weakness all over the body. With rare exception, it doesn't strike symmetrically on both sides of the body. And the symptoms of MS don't last for seconds or minutes. They last for days to weeks to months to forever.

Dozens and dozens of conditions share exactly the same symptoms, so no disease can be diagnosed by symptoms alone. In isolation, a lot of your symptoms could be a symptom caused by MS. But as far as overall presentation, your symptoms are presenting pretty much the opposite of the way MS symptoms present.

Your symptoms aren't indicating an obvious cause, so the neurologist will work you up for a wide range of possibilities, including MS.

Finding out what's causing your symptoms could be a long process involving a lot of testing. So my best recommendation is for you to find pleasant things to put your attention on and live your life as normally and happily as you can. I wish you all the best on your journey.

Comment

I agree ^^^^

I'm sorry you are dealing with this. I know how frightening it can be. Please continue working closely with your doctors to get to the bottom of this. These are not normal symptoms. It's very important to establish a relationship with doctors early on. Keep a journal of symptoms but don't become so obsessed with it and the internet that you can't tell the difference because of anxiety. Concentrate on getting proper hydration, sleep, exercise, and good food. I wish you all the best and hope that this will go away and be a one time, never to happen again thing.

Comment

Working...
      X