Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help describing a symptom to my Dr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help describing a symptom to my Dr.

Not sure if I should post this here or over in the symptoms section but I will start here since I have not been diagnosed yet.

First, thank you for your time in reading this and I am also sorry that, for whatever reasons, you find yourself here as well.
    Im hoping you can help me to find a better way to describe one of several symptoms to my dr. It involves my muscles. Particularly in my neck, shoulders and back. I describe in terms of an analogy... If you were to hold an object in your hand and squeeze it with all your might the muscles in your forearm are contracted and very tight and they become hard. My muscles do this involuntary, and they never "let up" or relax. Some even develop knots. Sometimes after days of this constant "contraction" or "hardness" they will relax and they feel so drained that my muscles will then ache as if I have the flu, (however this flu feeling is rare).

Would you describe this as spasticity? Should I start to use that word when talking to my doctor? The best thing I can come up with is "hard" or a spams that never stops.
    Thank you again for your time you have no idea how much it is appreciated!

Yes. Spasticity.
    It's like a Charlie horse you can get in your legs but it's elsewhere and doesn't go away. I have it now in my hamstring and have had it in my back many years ago.
    Carrie

Comment

Originally posted by carriefromMI View Post
      Yes. Spasticity.
      It's like a Charlie horse you can get in your legs but it's elsewhere and doesn't go away. I have it now in my hamstring and have had it in my back many years ago.
      ditto (except the name)
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
      X