New here - Stumbling In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here - Stumbling In

What a crazy few months it has been. This all started with a headache on December 19th, 2015. That headache has never gone away. December 28th, it got worse, and my vision got blurry. That was when things took a turn for the worse.

CAT Scans, MRI's, blood tests, more medication than I can remember, MRA Scan and a Lumbar Puncture...

The nuerologist has been less than helpful and has not given me any answer or even an indication as to what might be happening. To this day the headache has still not gone away. My vision has gotten slightly better, I would call it more fuzzy at this point than blurry.

Since the onset of the headache with blurry vision, I have been severely fatigued, experiencing numbness and tingling in my hands and feet, and a lot of memory and speech problems. Now over last weekend my left hand has completely lost feeling.

So so in researching my own test results, what stood out to me was that my Vitamin D was critically low, my CSF Protien was really high, and 2 OCB's were detected as well. It was only then I started researching what the heck that actually meant which brought me eventually here.

To me, it sounds like this likely might be what is happening to me, but why is the doc not seeing it, or not telling me? I'm really confused. :-(

Hello Genesis213 and welcome to MSWorld.

To me, it sounds like this likely might be what is happening to me, but why is the doc not seeing it, or not telling me? I'm really confused.
    I don't know. Have you asked him if you possibly have MS?

There is a diagnostic criteria for MS, The revised McDonald Criteria:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Nat...osis-of-MS.pdf

This criteria relies heavily on MRI evidence. Has your MRIs shown anything?
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
      Hello Genesis213 and welcome to MSWorld.

I don't know. Have you asked him if you possibly have MS?

There is a diagnostic criteria for MS, The revised McDonald Criteria:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Nat...osis-of-MS.pdf

This criteria relies heavily on MRI evidence. Has your MRIs shown anything?
      I have only seen a PA-C so far, and not the actual Nuerologist, and no mention of MS has been made to me at all. My next appointment isn't until April 14th. It just doesn't seem as if they are all that concerned with what is happening to me.

They told me the brain MRI came back clean, but I'm not so convinced they got a good scan with the contrast. When they did the injection, my arm immediately felt like it was on fire, and I ended up having a huge bump about 8 inches long and 2 inches raised off the skin below the injection point, towards my wrist. I don't really know what to think about that.

I do do have a neck MRI scheduled next week to check on the loss of feeling in my hand. I suppose we will wait and see the outcome of that. Hopefully that injection goes better than the last.

Comment

Your symptoms will probably go away once you get your vitamin D up. 2 oligoclonal bands are not enough to even assist in an MS diagnosis, you must have >5 and none in the blood, or less in the blood. There are about 400 other diseases that mimic MS, you might want to look into those. Since they are doing the C-spine MRI at least they are taking your symptoms seriously. Doesn't mean they are looking for MS though, could be a disc issue.

As far as the time issue with the Gadolinium being infused and then doing the scan needs to be immediate. Gad doesn't stay in your body that long at such a small dose. Besides that, you can see MS lesions without contrast, all the contrast does is tells if a lesion is active or not, meaning if you are in a flare.

Take care and keep asking questions
        Lisa
        Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
        SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
        Tysabri

Comment

WELCOME TO MS WORLD GENESIS!!!! we're very glad to have you here, ask as many questions as you have. As was already mentioned, there are so many mimic diseases that it does take a little while to rule them out. With your vision being affected, why did you not get referred to an eye doctor? Were there other issues that needed attention first? Usually, when it comes to vision many doctors are very quick to have you seen by an ophthalmologist or a neuro-ophthalmologist. I wish you the best of luck and I hope that MS is not suspected.
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
          X