MS or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS or what?

Where to begin?? I'll stay in this decade. I'm 39 yr female. 3 years ago I started noticing the surface of the skin on my left arm felt strange. Almost numb. A day or so later I notice numbness on the right side of my face. My left leg was also experience some unusual sensations. Then I started getting these jolts of pain what felt like it was coming from behind the insides of my right ear with some hearing loss. These jolts were also felt on my right eyebrow and below my right eye.

I was sent for an mri which came back normal but my vitamin D was at a 9. I was put on 5000 iu and sent home. After a while it stopped. I continued to take vitamin D daily but every once in a while the symptoms would come back. Then go. Then come back.

Fast forward to Oct 2014. Still would get the same symptoms periodically. In October I became sick and was diagnosed with a kidney infection but the side and back pain would not go away. After 5 rounds of antibiotics 2 x-ray, anal probing, 2 ct scans one cholecystectomy, 2 ultra sounds and other tingle, siotica and other nerve abnormalities a doctor ordered an MRI of my brain and c spine.

Get a call a week later saying everything came back normal. No pinched nerves no lesions and that was it. I did get a copy of my Mri and kind of know what a lesion looks like but I myself could not see one. I did have questions about a couple areas that look strange to me but have no one to ask.

For the past 9 weeks I have had a stiff neck. Severe pain in my back that wraps around my lower ribs and upper abdomin. Feeling of being stung by a bee in all different parts of my body and most recently intentional tremors in my hand legs and arms. Can't afford to go back even with insurance.

I'm upset that my dr suggested I may have MS but when the MRI came back normal didn't attempt to run any other tests. It was like my dr thought well MRI is normal must be in her head. And the thing that sucks is sometimes I feel like I'm imagining it. And whenever I mention a new pain or weird sensation my husband looks at me like I'm nuts. I no longer mention my issues.

When I feel something come on in his presence I try my best to act normal. I know this is a long drawn out story/rant and I probably left a lot of key points but I just wanted tell someone how I feel without being ridiculed or made to feel crazy. Thanks for reading

[COLOR"Navy"]** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **[/COLOR]

Hello Rreeves and welcome to MSWorld.

Have you had a recent physical? If not you might start with that and a full panel blood work up. If it's been at least 6 months since your D level was checked that should be re-checked. Vitamin D levels can climb very slowly.

I'm upset that my dr suggested I may have MS but when the MRI came back normal didn't attempt to run any other tests.
    Was the Dr. a Neurologist?
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

These are very good questions. No I did not have a physical but they did do a full blood work up and a Lupas panel which all came back negative. Not sure if they recheck my vitamin d. I'm guessing not cause I've been taking vitamin d pills twice a day for the last 3 years. The doctor was my primary physician. Once all my doctor bills are caught I plan on asking for a referral to a neurologists. Thank you for your questions. It nice to have a place to talk about these issues and not get embarrassed or feel like your making things up.

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
      Hello Rreeves and welcome to MSWorld.

Have you had a recent physical? If not you might start with that and a full panel blood work up. If it's been at least 6 months since your D level was checked that should be re-checked. Vitamin D levels can climb very slowly.

Was the Dr. a Neurologist?

Comment

Working...
      X