Back to square one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to square one

I just received word that the last two LP CSF tests (NMO and O-Bands) are negative as well. There has been nothing I have not been tested for that could be responsible for my spinal cord lesion/s

I was so hoping the tests would shine some light. Im not sure if it is stress or the lesion but I have developed tremors or dystonia like symptoms. My head feels like a bobble head at times as other times I jerk to my right as if some one had tickled my right side(I don't feel any tickle). I have been reading that sometime PPMS shows no o-bands but that is a dx criteria so Im not sure about that. Clean brain MRI. ugh at this point Im just ranting. I have more symptoms and what seem to be increasing symptoms but I wonder if it is all in my head (is the stress causing psychosomatic symptoms to appear). Oh well my Dr said it leaves them kinda scratching their heads so back to square one.
    Last edited by kelm10; 06-05-2015, 03:13 PM. Reason: Unapproved URL

They should probably follow you closely for the next year or so and do another MRI of the brain and spine to see if you develop new lesions. I guess they may be waiting to see if you develop new symptoms: especially weakness to do another MRI then. I would ask them about follow up. Perhaps they could send you for a set of evoked potentials. Those can detect lesions that may not be seen yet on MRI. I would ask about that. If he is unwilling to do this then go somewhere else for a second opinion.

Please keep us updated.

Take care
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

I agree with Lisa

The evoked potentials test can tell a lot. I am new to MS, but I can tell you that the EVP is non-invasive and can reveal if there are abnormal nerve firings. Plus they are not nearly as expensive as the MRI's. Best of luck.
      Diagnosed RRMS 4/7/15, symptoms for 8 months prior. Copaxone 4/27/15

Comment

Working...
      X