Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a "relapse"? should I go to the neuro again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it a "relapse"? should I go to the neuro again?

I've had a great autumn & winter, and now this... I feel like it's returning. Whatever "it" maybe, because I'm still in limbo.

Symptoms over the last week:

Mixing the numbers again (our parking is 98, I look for 97)
    Mixing words
    Not remembering if something happened today or yesterday
    Clumsy and bumping into things
    And the last one - my jaw was relaxed and then it "jumped and snapped" all by itself and bit my tongue

Neuro time, or not?

Hi Cookie Crumbles,

Sorry to hear "it's" back.

Yes, I think it would be a good idea to see your neuro. "An exacerbation of MS (also known as a relapse, attack or flare-up) causes new symptoms or the worsening of old symptoms ... To be a true exacerbation, the attack must last at least 24 hours and be separated from the previous attack by at least 30 days. Most exacerbations last from a few days to several weeks or even months." http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Tre...aging-Relapses

Your present symptoms may assist him/ her in making a diagnosis. If this is MS, a second attack would also satisfy one of the diagnosing criteria, called "time and space."

Please keep us posted and good luck ,
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I can relate

Hi there,

Sorry you are going through this. I'm new here and also in limbo. Dx'd with CIS 2/24/15 with numbness in my face and tongue after an ER visit w/ normal CT Scan, then an MRI in January that showed 2 lesions.

Now I'm having new sxs like weak & shaky hands and a burning sensation in my leg. So I think that warrants a call to the neuro.

Anyway, I hope you have found a good place here to voice your concerns and even just to meet friends to help you through this.

☺️ Heather

Comment

Working...
      X