Nervously waiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervously waiting

I am completely new here so I will try to keep it short. I have had fainting episodes off and on for 20+ years with no medical reason. Then came virtigo and dizzy spells, some would leave me bed ridden for the day. Then came shortness of breath, heart palpitations, high blood pressure, fatigue, and some weird pains in my legs. It felt like someone was stabbing me with a blunt object and then moving to a different part of my legs.

A doc said it sounded like blood clots, finally lots of blood work that showed inflammation. A rheumatologist said since they ruled out all other possibliest is was chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, meniers disease, and high blood pressure. I felt better for about a year, or two, then slowly started going down hill.

Tingling across my upper back, thought to be caused by large breasts so I had a reduction. Pain in my left foot so bad I couldn't walk, they found tumors (Mortons neuromas) on a few nerves and took them out. Fatigue was so bad I had no energy to do much of anything and finally started sleeping weird. Sleep study showed my heart beat wouldn't slow down below 100 bpm in my sleep. So tachycardia.

Then weight gain despite running 30 min 3x a week and doing a bunch of 5ks, and eating 1200 cal a day, Hair falling out, pain, so finally said its thyroid disease. Then this past summer I started choking on some of my food. It feels stuck and no amount of coughing, swollowing or drinking water will make it go down. Usually end up throwing up.

Tingling my my finger tips started 2 years ago and I thought it was because I missed a heart pill. Then I start talking in my sleep and seeing things that aren't there, hitting my husband, squishing ticks all over me. Passed out again and the pcp referred me to a Neuro.

He said right away MS. Then did his exam, almost no reaction in right foot, I walk down the hall veering to the right, my right arm didn't swing, and cannot stand still worth my life. He again said MS. As we were leaving I asked if he had any strong ideas. He said its MS, even put it into my chart as me being dig noises with MS. He ordered a sleep study and 3 MRIs with and without contrast and an angiogram.

One MRI came back with an unspecified brain lesion of which the linear configuration was worrisome for a demyleniating disease. The others are fine. The sleep study is tomorrow, and I don't see him till April 3. Limbo is killing me....in the mean time, my left foot started vibrating like my cell phone was going off next to it, my right leg will get this intense burning feeling, like when you've been out in the cold and put your hands under warm water burning, then it will go numb. Totally dead, no feeling at all from the knee up. Which keeps me up all night rolling around because I can't get comfortable.

I'm stress, scared, nervous, anxious, worried, relieved that I may finally have an actual answer despite knowing it's an awful answer but it's an answer we can work on. Longer than I expected, but that's as shortened as I can get. So there it is. Thanks for letting me vent.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Hi lucidmom and welcome to MSWorld

Wow! You have certainly had your share of procedures, studies and diagnoses going on and I'm sorry. Many of us here also have other conditions alongside of MS, including sleep disturbances, but with the help of your Dr., you will gain the help you need.

I'm sure you are worried, scared and anxious. That is a normal reaction, but it will all work out! The waiting is hard, I know. I went through 10 years of not knowing before I got a dx of probable MS. I imagine your follow up appt with your neuro will find you on a treatment plan and on medications that will treat your symptoms. And you are right - there will be a plan in place to help you. Many of us have been in your shoes and have led fulfilling lives in the journey ahead. You've come to the perfect place to gain information and support and we are here to help.

Hang in there and keep us posted, OK? Sharing your story helps others too! You take care now - April 3rd is not that far away.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
    X