Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the beginning of limbo....

Ok, my story....

In October I started having buzzing in my left foot. It would go for a little bit and then stop. When I would change my sitting position or stretch out it would stop. It went completely away. Then I started getting it in my left leg. This went on for a while. However, I also had a very large endometrial cyst on my ovary (the size of a nerf football) that I thought might have been pressing on nerves. I had my surgery to remove the cyst in early December. For the month of December I had no symptoms at all - no buzzing nothing. So I assumed it was because of my cyst.

When I returned to work in January, I drove our smaller car to work. Again I got the buzzing back, but it was in the upper thighs on both of my legs as well as my abdominal area (if I would pass gas I would vibrate). It got to be that if you just gently touched my legs the vibrating would get worse. I made an appointment to see a neurologist but had to wait 6 weeks. In that time period, the buzzing completely went away. I almost cancelled my appt.

Saw my doctor last week and he did some bloodwork, a complete neuro work up and also did an EMG - all of which were completely normal. He also sent me for an MRI of my spine (cervical thoracic and lumbar). He called me on Friday and said there was an area of inflammation in my thoracic spine (between t8 and t9) but that it was older - not a new inflammation. He said this may be MS but that it is not definite. I have the MRI on my brain next week.

I am so scared, I am over 40 which means the really bad MS. I feel like my life is completely over. I feel like all I see in the future is darkness. I am married and have an 11 year old son and all I see is myself being a burden to them, wheelchair bound, unable to work or do anything. I am the primary bread winner in my family. I am so completely freaked out and so scared. I am looking for some support anywhere, please. Thank you for listening.
    Diagnosed RRMS 4/7/15, symptoms for 8 months prior. Copaxone 4/27/15

Sorry you are having to deal with this. I am also sorry that this is stressing you. I want you to know that being diagnosed with MS does not mean the end of your life or even being disabled. Realize that many of the stories of peoples' lives here are going to be on the more serious side because websites/forums draw those sort of people here. They are the ones looking for support. Those with mild prognosis are out there living their lives.

I am not sure where you heard or read that being diagnosed with MS later in life sentences you to really bad MS. I was diagnosed at age 50 and know of others diagnosed later in life and they and I are functioning well.

I know right now it is hard to stay calm and not to keep thinking of the what ifs for your future. Please know that MS is not a death sentence. Many of us cope quite well with this disease. Keep coming here and ask the many questions you probably have and read the other topics to educate yourself about MS.
    MS is not a crisis in my life. It is just a chapter within my life.

Comment

Well, my follow up neuro apt is 2 weeks from today and my brain MRI is scheduled for tomorrow. My emotions are so all over the place, I can barely stand myself. My husband is amazing and supportive and will come with me to my appt. Just so scared. I wonder if it is possible to get RRMS after 40 or do you only get PPMS after 40.
      Diagnosed RRMS 4/7/15, symptoms for 8 months prior. Copaxone 4/27/15

Comment

Working...
      X