Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impatiently waiting, trying to get dx

Hi
    Have been lurking and reading for a few weeks, figured now is a good a time as any to introduce myself.

Another limbo lander here.

Sudden onset of double vision in early Dec. Eye sight prefect expect for the double vision on one side. Ophthalmologist noted INO in one eye and sixth nerve palsy in other. So I was sent for brain MRI.
    Results of MRI showed multiple white matter lesions. They said probably MS but only neurologist would give that dx.
    That all happened within a week, and waiting for appointment since. Just found out that appointment with neurologist is in April. Seems like ages away.

So going to try to get an earlier appointment with another neurologist. I figure that if it is MS, better to get appointment sooner to do any tests needed, and get on treatment instead of running the chance of another relapse that could cause damage. If it's not MS then let then tell me what it is and give me a pill to fix it

Double vision has nearly gone now ( i think) It's definitely not as bad, but I'm not sure if it's really close to what it was before or I'm just getting used to it. It as always only on one side. Wasn't seeing double when I look straight ahead.

About 18 months ago, I had gone to doctor for blood test as I was feeling 'funny' when I was walking. Had hard time explaining it, I wasn't feeling faint, but I felt like I was going to fall. Like the ground was moving. At the time, blood test came back normal. The feeling went away after a few weeks, so I didn't think any more of it.

That came back this year in August and Sept but I just ignored it. but it's back now again for the last month, and I think now it might be connected. Just trying to deal with it now by avoiding having to walk to far but that's not a long term solution.

Anyway, that's my story so far.Trying to push my agenda and get the health system to fit me into their agenda is hard going, but I plan to continue

Hi Kali and welcome to MSWorld! Glad to have someone join us from Ireland but sorry for the circumstances that brought you here.

I didn't know what INO stood for and had to look it up (Internuclear Ophthalmoplegia) which can happen with MS. It was one of my first symptom years ago, but didn't know what it was called!

I hope you can find another neuro who can get you in before April, but if not, spend the time reading and joining in with our message boards and also chat. We have a special chat session for limbolanders called Patiently-Waiting on Wed. from 8-9pm US Eastern time. Don't know what time that would be for you however

We hope to get to know you better and let us know what you find out from your neuro.

Take care
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

WELCOME TO MSWORLD KALI!!!!! So glad you found this site.
      I also sometimes host that chat and it is all about whomever happens to be there. When are your next appointments, what are they for, what tests and you had done... And we also chitchat amongst ourselves ( we are a small group of people and we all know each other). We would love to see you, but I realize that this timeframe probably occurs in the wee hours of the morning for you.
      Like was already mentioned, you can browse around at different things to get some ideas for when you do have your appointment with the neurologist. If you have not already done so, try to keep a journal and see what different foods affect you and other information. Try to be as thorough as you can and make sure you take it with you to your appointment and show that Dr.
      I hope you are able to get some answers, and soon. Good luck!
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi Kali and welcome to MSWorld

Just found out that appointment with neurologist is in April. Seems like ages away.
        It's not uncommon for a new patient to wait sometimes months for an appointment. You could call the office and see if they have a cancellation list. If someone cancels an appointment that could move your appointment up sooner.

I figure that if it is MS, better to get appointment sooner to do any tests needed, and get on treatment instead of running the chance of another relapse that could cause damage.
        Quite honestly, if you have MS there is already damge Even on treatments it is still possible to have relapses, there are no guarantees with this disease

Best wishes and take care
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcome

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          We have a special chat session for limbolanders called Patiently-Waiting on Wed. from 8-9pm US Eastern time. Don't know what time that would be for you however
          It's 1am to 2am my time, so thankfully normally tucked up in bed sound asleep at that stage. But if I'm ever having a touch of insomnia I'll definitely pop in

Originally posted by hunterd View Post
          If you have not already done so, try to keep a journal and see what different foods affect you and other information. Try to be as thorough as you can and make sure you take it with you to your appointment and show that Dr.
          I'm trying to do that at the moment. All those little things I've ignored for so long, and now I'm writing them down.

But who knows if the twitch in my eye that I get most days is important to note or not. Or if the headaches I get are important or not.
          Well I guess they answer is the neuro ..... but I'm worried that I'll look like a hypochondriac.
          I going to keep a note of 'things' and then review before my appointment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
          Quite honestly, if you have MS there is already damge Even on treatments it is still possible to have relapses, there are no guarantees with this disease
          Yes. Very true. What I should say is ' ... to try to lessen the chance of a relapse'

Thanks again all for your support

Comment

I would make a note of every little issue that you have
            hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
            volunteer
            MS World
            hunterd@msworld.org
            PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Originally posted by hunterd View Post
              I would make a note of every little issue that you have
              I agree, my new neuro asked every little detail that I didn't think about that I had mentioned to my primary, including the eyelid twitching as well. This new neuro was really comprehensive and asked me about everything. I feel much more confident about getting a diagnosis or atleast something figured out this time.

Comment

Managed to get an appointment with a different neuro this morning.
                So it's official now, I have MS. I'm ok with that.

Starting on Rebif. Government will cover cost, so I just have to apply for the long term illness card and wait for the call from the MS nurse, and I'll be set to go.

Thanks all for your advice on this thread. Off to read the Rebif forum now

Comment

Working...
                X