So here we are back at square one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So here we are back at square one

So in prep for my third neuro consult. I went and grabbed my brain MRI and spine reports. I remember the neuro last year saying to me, after saying the VEP was fine that he would " be more concerned for MS, if I was having MS like symptoms". Then he mentioned it showed an old vasculitis. Here is what the radiologist wrote "there was a supratentorial white matter abnormality in the frontoparietal region and then sub cortical white matter lesions in both temporal lobes left greater than right. His differential included a vasculitis, but said demyelinating disease was less likely could not be ruled out.

I have had an EMG which did not show anything after complaints of numbness and tingling, the VNG did show some nystagmus but he said it could be due to the topamax. Then he said it could be BPPV. I tried the home Brandt Daroff exercises that did nothing, my primary ended up sending me to vestibular rehab for PT, that worked temporarily.

Since last December I have had several falls, I now have oscillating nystagmus in both eyes, my left side did go numb for about a day and a half. One of the falls ended up in an injury with an MCL sprain and partial meniscal tear which ism happy that PT helped a great deal.

I guess I am asking what questions do I need to be asking or things to be aware of this next time? I just want answers, my primary seems to be pretty convinced this is MS, but I am hoping for the best and since I am being sent to a larger academic institution, maybe I will get somewhere. Thank you for the support and answers! I really appreciate it.

My advice would be to tell your neuro of your symptoms, like you told us.

And, some questions to ask might be:
    1. what dx seems most likely at this time?
    2. are there any other tests that you can do to help you determine an accurate dx?
    3. what would you be looking for?

When you eventually get a dx, even if it is not MS, we have a place for you here in our Related Disorders forum.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
    X