Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas Newbies & limbo'rs

Merry Christmas Everyone..........

The newbies lounge seems closed of late due to lack of responses. I have had problems logging in for months.

Trying to be in the spirit of the holidays, but problems, health and financial are mounting into a perfect storm. I was in a battle with the VA for decades, till 2010. The VA had sent me to their shrinks back in the mid 80s and noted in my VA record, veteran is sure he is seriously ill, as if it were all a JOKE to them. A non-VA doc opened the MS-can-O-worms in late 2009 and finally the VA did the testing & Dx with "long standing RRMS" Dx.

Right away as I learned about MS & what it was & symptoms, suddenly decades of dots going back to the 60s connected. I was directed to PVA for a S/C claim but they delayed it for a couple years. I ended up filling my own claim online w/o help. Ever since its been a series of battles. I was nicely informed my VARO (regional VA office) that what the VA publishes online about standards for MS S/C were not correct and they (the Detroit VA) does NOT honor/recognize those official published standards.

Many that have read my posting over the past couple years may recall my modular in Lakeland was ransacked. Last year my wife lost her job due becoming disabled (failed her employers annual physical) so that income is long gone. She carried AFLAC short term disability but they are still refusing to pay a single penny or honor the ins contract she had over a decade.

Bank of American is threatening to foreclose on our Michigan home and not working with us on it. We have had this second mtg for over 10 years and NEVER missed a payment. (they are using a loop-hole, so I was told). I can not afford to repair the FL double-wide place and no longer livable, even with the meager pittance ins covered. As things stand I am going to just have to let the Fla place go for near nothing, as is, since I can no longer pay the taxes or ins on it. My car has about 300k miles and leaking fluids. (I have to top them off every day I do drive it, even locally).

My VA claim is still up in the air, had a hearing in Oct and another revue of my claim a month ago. It's already been over 2.5 years since I filled my claim, and as fast as the VA does things, (even with my congressman's help) We may be out on the street before either AFLAC or the VA upholds their ends. (WE did file a complaint with the state about AFLAC).

Everything is falling apart, that despite good financial planning. On top of that I have lost my diabetes doctor (of over 7 yrs) at the local clinic, so I start the new year with no endo for my diabetes. I have tried getting help keeping our home to no avail so far. My wife will have to drop her Obama care ins, the price went from about $72/mo to over $150. She is trying to get medicaid.

I do come here to read every once in a while, but I seldom post because of continuing MSworld log-in problems. (I have no problems with any other site??)

Sorry for the long rant... its just how things are and expect will only get worse here for me & my wife. I do not think there will even be our traditional Christmas gathering with kids grand grandkids this year.

2014 has not been all bad, I did get a new wheel chair and a ramp, and no serious falls or kidney issues landing me in the horsepital.

I do sincerely hope EVERYONE else here has a far better holiday than we are having, its no fun.

Have a Merry Christmas
    ......................& joyous New Year!

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

I am sorry you are going through all of this I will be praying that 2015 will be better.

hlburke87

Comment

GOOD NEWS!

This morning AFLAC called and said my wife's disability claim is approved and will receive back payments due as well. (had recently filed a complaint with the state about AFLAC).

Then this afternoon VARO called and giving me S/C for the MS. They are ordering a C&P ASAP to determine rating percentage. Hopefully I will start getting it within 2 months with back bennies etc.

The AFLAC should come before new years so that will help in the meantime while waiting for the VA $.

Thanks everyone!

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

This is awesome Gomer! I am so happy for you. I will keep praying that 2015 will be a great year

Comment

Thanks Burke.......Nothing in hand yet, money or on paper, but the phone calls were a welcome sign, that just maybe 2015 will be looking up.

Gomer sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Working...
          X