Finally got appt at UCSF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got appt at UCSF

When my referral was received by UC San Francisco, I was told it would take 7-10 business days to process the referral. 2 months and numerous calls (from me and my doc) later, I received an appt. I am so relieved, as I was starting to fear that they would never see me. My appt isn't until January 9th, but it's better than not having one at all.

I will be seeing Dr. Kasavan; I'm wondering if anyone here has had any experience with neurology at UCSF or with Dr. Kasavan.

I cannot comment on the doctor. But I am glad that you finally got an appointment, and I hope you get some answers ( and I hope MS is not one of them).
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Considering what's been ruled out, what I know I already have to monitor, and the remaining possibilities, I'm not sure what to hope for. Best case scenario is that my most recent MRI was mis-read and I need another cervical spine surgery...but my doc concurred that there appears to be no issues with cord compression (which is what they chalked my issues up to 7 years ago, resulting in an ACDF).

That surgery helped with my localized neck pain, but the neurological symptoms still come and go. It could be the myelomalacia caused by the herniated disc, but if the myelomalacia is progressive or ascending, I'm in even bigger trouble. That's what I have to keep monitoring.

Since my neuro issues have recently worsened and I've had new ones show up, it could be ascending myelomalacia...or MS. Neither is favorable really. But regardless, I need to know what's going on and I need to know what we can do to slow any progression.

Thank you so much for your reply. I've been pretty down and lonely lately...

Comment

Hi sparkysgirl,

I can't offer any help with your appointment atUCSF or the Dr. you will be seeing.

I just wanted to wish you good luck with the appointment
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thank you Snoopy... I'm just tired. If no diagnosis happens this time, I'm done. I will proceed with natural remedies, and will not pursue other alternatives. And I won't be here much (if at all) because I have found (years ago and again this time) that unless you have a full diagnosis, you may be conjuring it all in your head. lt makes for a frustrating catch-22.

Comment

Hello sparkysgirl. I don't have any experience with Dr. Kasavan, but I'm not to far from UCSF so I'd be interested to hear about your experience.

Comment

Working...
            X