Advocate or paranoid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advocate or paranoid?

I won't get too into detail as I am sure there are so many posts like mine. I am waiting for a brain, spine MRI with contrast to rule out MS. Like many, I am sure, I feel strongly that it could be MS and then I have times I think maybe I am just overreacting.

2 months ago I started experiencing numbness, muscle spasms, tingling, electric shocks, muscle tightening, stiff leg and some days major fatigue. Symptoms were transient ie) I could have calf spasms all day but have on and off numbness is my right toe and burning in left hand. I also experienced wired sensations like something crawling up my shin or the feeling of string weeded between my toes. Also very stiff and painful legs from my knees down. I could only stand for a half hour or 15 minutes at times and then I would need to sit because the pain was so bad. This lasted 3.5 weeks and then stopped. It stayed away for 1 week and two days then returned. This time only my left side has been effected. This time the symptoms are odd sensations spasms, cramps, numbness, tingling and this time for the first time, I have experienced a numb patch on my left cheekbone but that is only if I am overheated. My symptoms absolutely get worse in heat. I feel best resting in front of a fan.

The big thing to add is that 11 years ago ( when I was 22 ) I had some mystery leg symptoms. Same pain in my legs from the knee down. I could not full extend or bend for weeks. SO much pain. I went through X ray, ultrasound, bloodwork, rheumatology, physiotherapy and no one knew what was wrong and it just disappeared. I had not felt that pain before 22 or again since now.

My Dr at first thought maybe it was a virus but now thinks it could be MS. I saw a Neurologist and am waiting to see a second one because the first told me before having a conversation that there was no way it was MS because MS has no pain and there is always weakness in a limb.

Any thoughts? Do I keep pushing to be taken seriously? I am honestly more afraid of dealing with the back and forth of this with no diagnosis than I am just knowing what it is. TIA

Hello CWoods,

Re pain, your neurologist is mistaken and out of date. See this link for example. http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sym...-Symptoms/Pain

Suspecting, but not knowing is very hard. I hope your mri comes out clean and you recover from whatever this is. If you have ms, the mri is your first chance for a definitive answer. Hang in there.

Comment

Working...
    X