Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait it out or call for results?

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I just wanted to get some feedback from those who have been through / are going through limbo about getting testing results.

Quick recap - I went to the ER in March as my leg went numb and I couldn't walk well. I'd had numbness off and on for two years but mostly in my feet/hands. At ER we determined there were a lot of things that might be related, so they told me to see my PCP and get a Neurology referral. Neurology appointment took 9 weeks. Neuro did in office tests, checked what hadn't been done for blood work (B12, Lyme, I believe RA and some others? I'm not as good at reading blood work orders) and to do an MRI of my brain and cervical spine.

I had the blood work done a few weeks ago, and my MRI was just this past Friday. I know it takes a few days to get the report back from the radiologist.

My issue is, I don't have a follow up appointment until mid July. At first I really wanted to reschedule it to their soonest date, as initially they were telling me I could know everything within two weeks (I know that's not always common). Now, part of me wants to just wait it out and assume he'll call me if anything major comes up. My only real issue with this is I have had things overlooked in the past until i followed up, so I don't know if I'd feel totally confident that it isn't something major just because I don't get a phone call.

My symptoms aren't as extreme as they were in March, but it's still affecting my daily life fairly heavily. Some days it's okay and others I can barely get out of bed and can't walk well. I know my husband would prefer I call, but I guess I'm nervous?

Would you wait it out or follow up sooner?

Thanks for reading and my apologizes for this being so long. I have been through diagnosis with less common things before but this feels all new to me.

Call your neuro's office, CoffeeQueen

Test results can be given over the phone, you do not need to wait for your follow up appointment.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
    X