Adive...feel like I'm going crazy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adive...feel like I'm going crazy!

Hello all. First off I am a 32 year old woman with a almost 6 year old daughter. I seen my regular doctor in march,again complaing of the left side of my face going numb off and on. it has been this way for a few years now. he sent me for an mri..mri came back showing lesions so he then sent me to a neurologist.

I seen the neurologist back in march as well and had lots of blood work done,mri of neck/spine and a spinal tap. blood work only showed that my b12 was a little low but very low,vitamin d level back in march was showing 15 and my b6 was high..mri on neck/spine was normal and my spinal tap was normal as well. okay so..my facial numbess continues but it's off and on,I'm numb behind my left shoulder and armpit area,my left leg has a tingling feeling..my fingers on both hands go numb off and on as well. I also have a feeling as if my waist is being squeezed sometimes. my memory is terrible,etc..etc...I seriously feel as if I am going crazy here because I have no diagnosis as to what is going on with me. neurologist hasn't ruled out ms. I do have a cyst on my spine but it doesn't appear to be pressing on any nerves. I also have another mri of my head at the end of august to see if the lesions change any!

does any of my symptoms so far point to possible MS or am I just crazy? (lol) thank you for taking time to read this. p.s. I also have complete numbness on the inside of my private area..dunno what that is all about either! okay I'm done.thanks for any replies

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

your symptoms are indicative of MS, they are also indicative of a host of other things as well. This is something that is better left to the doctors to decide. I wish I could tell you what it was, but I am not trained in the medical field. Good luck to you
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I can't help you , but did want to commiserate because I'm also in limbo . At this point, you should concentrate on getting those D and B12 levels up -- did your PCP suggest supplements? How are you sleeping? Sleep issues can really cause serious problems so it could be worth looking in to.

I read a study recently that suggested magnesium levels could play a factor and I don't think this is routinely tested -- I've been supplementing for a year and my magnesium is still not in the normal range.

Re: feeling crazy, I really encourage you to start seeing a counsellor, not because you are crazy but because this process is crazy-making, and anxiety can make symptoms much worse. It's then hard for doctors (andus!) to differentiate between what is real symptom-wise and what is anxiety. I wish I'd started seeing one months earlier.

Be well, sorry about the unknowns but there are many here in the same boat. We're here if you need to vent.

Comment

Working...
      X