Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions..advice..I feel like I am going crazy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions..advice..I feel like I am going crazy!

Hello everone! okay a little background. I am 32 years old and this all started with off and on numbness on the left side of my face.I mentioned it to my regular doctor and he said just a pinched nerve. well that was probably about 2-3 years ago. well just a fw months ago I went in again,still complaining of off and on numbess on the left side of my face,but this time now I have and still am numb on the back of my left shoulder and armpit area,some spots on my back are numb off and on and now my left leg is getting that tingling feeling off and on. my regular doctor did an mri on me head a few months ago and referred me to a neurologist or there is lesions on my brain.he thinks I have MS. well I seen the neurologist and they ordered TONS of blood work,mri on my neck/spine and a spinal tap! only things that showed up in my blood were a low vitamin D level,low Vitamin B12 and a Vitamin B6 level of 296. neck/spine mri showed no lesions,just a cyst at the T4 level. spinal tap also was normal. so my questions does any of this sound like maybe I do have MS? I seriously feel as if these doctors are thinking I'm crazy. oh and I also have complete numbess in my private are too and sometimes I feel as if my stomache is being squeezed!

Hi vallygirl32:

It sounds like you have been through all of the testing. Spots on MRI can mean many things. MS lesions look and are located in a certain area. Unless your MRI said that your lesions were consistent with MS, it may not have been enough to continue with further testing. Especially since your C-spine and LP were negative. They obviously needed some supporting evidence for your type of lesions in your brain. Perhaps they are nonspecific.

Your cyst at T4 may be causing some of your symptoms. I would ask about that.

No matter, you will still be followed since you have symptoms. You just need to keep track of you next exacerbation. It must last at least 24 hours, be continuous, and must not start another exacerbation within 30 days of stopping this one.

Good luck
    Take care
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X