Possible MS symptoms for 3 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible MS symptoms for 3 weeks

I am new to this site. I have been having numbness and tingling going on for about 3 weeks. My brother is living with severe MS so I know somewhat about the disease. I have had numbness from just below my breasts clear down to my foot on the left and now it is going to the right. I have tightness in my abdomen and jerking of my left arm and leg when I get tired and dragging my left foot.

I go for my first MRI of the T-spine tomorrow with and without contrast. I am praying something will show up so that I can get a diagnosis and so I won't have to have another MRI to confirm it. My neuro says that he would have done the whole spine and brain, but my insurance would probably laugh in his face. I just want a diagnosis so that in the meantime I can get some relief with the symptoms.

Last week I also experienced black spots in the center of my eyes for just a few minutes and then they went away. Just waiting for an answer to all these problems.

We are also in the process of building a new house. My trigeminal neuralgia has also been flaring up recently. I have had that for the last 7 years diagnosed at age 35.

What problems. I am just glad that I found a community to share with.

God Bless Us All

Hi,

Boy you have a lot going on!!! I too rebuilt my home a few years ago...stressful but I loved it!

I too also suffer from TN, was DX in Jan 2013.

I'm replying to your post especially because of the black spots in your vision.

I recently had this. It was only one black spot in my right central vision...it only lasted a few seconds...I could not see through it and it was very black (def not a floater)

I just saw an neuro-ophthalmologist he did an evoked potential because I also had blurry vision for a few hours and painful eye for 3 days(saw doc a couple months after my issue)

He told me that none of my symptoms were "normal"...although my test came back within the range I have a baseline to go by in the future if needed.

He advised me that next time I get a black hole in my central vision (which is loss of vision) he told me to call his office ASAP and if he couldn't squeeze me in to go to ER.

I would strongly suggest you seek help for the black hole in your vision!!!

All the best,

Minnie76
    DX TN Jan 2013
    Still in the lovely land of limbo!

Comment

Working...
    X