DXed yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DXed yesterday

So, I suppose I'm officially not a Limbolander anymore. I saw my neuro yesterday, and due to there being a single lesion on my spine (none on the brain) and my having had two attacks, he diagnosed me with RRMS. This sucks, obviously, but I am hopeful. He said that due to the relative mildness of my symptoms, and the nature of them (On and loss of temperature sensation in left leg, two and a half years apart) chances are good that I'll experience a milder case, especially on medication.

I'm still switching some between freaking out and being relatively calm about it. I suppose I just have to live my life as if I have mild MS, and then if things change, I'll adjust then.

Neuro also said that it is rare for people to get ON in both eyes, and that many people do not get recurrent ON. This, along with the hope that I can continue to move a pen is important to me, as I work as an illustrator. Either way, here I am, on team MS. A little sad about it, but I can't change my DX. I just hope to get to live a somewhat normal life.

So sorry you got the diagnosis, but am happy that you will get treatment, and that things look good so far for your disease course.

It's a lot to take in, even when things are pretty mild in yur day to day life.

Comment

Welcome to the club. Sorry you were diagnosed, but it at least it will give you peace of mind that it is something that can be treated. You may want to start posting on the General Q & A board for questions about MS since you have graduated.

It is perfectly normal to not know what you are feeling. You have just been told you have a non-curable disease (at least for now). It is a shock. Who wants it...nobody. However, now that you have it, there are lots of us here that have it also are here to support you.

You may want to go to your National MS Society's website and check in to see if they have anything to offer. Usually they will send a newly diagnosed packet out to you with all of the medication explanations in it, all about the disease itself, and a variety of other stuff. I think the best book I read was MS for Dummies. I didn't read it all in one week or anything, I just read it as I felt like dealing with it.

Glad you felt like sharing your Dx.

Take care
      Lisa
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Working...
      X