Developing Serious Symptoms- Undiagnosed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Developing Serious Symptoms- Undiagnosed

Hello all, I'm new here. For some background, I am exhibiting many symptoms of MS, am not diagnosed and unsure whether it is MS or something similar. I seem to be getting more severe symptoms, some more manageable than others. I am only going to inquire on one of my symptoms at the moment, however.

I have experienced weakness, twitching, muscle cramps, and tiredness in my legs. A few times before last week walking was a little challenging for me, my legs didn't want to move very easily. However, last week I developed a much greater level of weakness and muscle control problems in my legs, significantly impairing my walking ability. My legs would often wobble and give in, and I fell a few times because they collapsed. I also could not walk in a straight line.

I'm just curious if anyone with MS has experienced similar symptoms. I also am interested to know any other causes of impaired walking ability. I am asking about this symptom alone because it is the most concerning. If it helps to know, I am young and in good shape (when my body allows it lol,) so it is not due to age or physical qualities.

That was a little wordy! Thanks in advance!

Did you call your doctor and report those symptoms?
    That would be my first suggestion. If you have not been diagnosed and are having those symptoms, you do need to get in to see your doc. fed

Comment

Fed Up gives good advice. You should see your family doctor so that he/she can examine you and see about your walking. We could answer you about how our walking is or isn't but each case is individual. This is why you should seek medical attention first.

Go see your doc and let us know how it goes, OK?

Take care
      Lisa
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Working...
      X