confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

confused

Hi there im very new to this and very confused , it all started nearly 5 weeks ago when I suddenly had severe pain in my left eye and then suddenly lost most of my vision , went to optometrist , doctors etc it went from a migraine to infected tear duct , I then started having pins and needles in my hands and feet and burning legs and my left arm was so weak couldn't even do my hair . I went back to docs and sent me for mri in the mri it came back that I had optic neuritis and lesions in my brain that are highly suspicious of demylenation the doctor immediately admitted me to hospital to have a 3day course of steroid s to help with my vision.

I was discharged 3 days later and all I was told was that I have an auto immune disease that they believe is ms and that I would have to see a neurologist to find out more which can take 4 weeks and still waiting results for LP I am lost so scared and confused just wanting any advice to calm nerves until I see the neuro

It seems to me that you have been through the ringer already, but it really is the waiting that can get to you the most.

I know that I almost went crazy in the short time between the arrival of my optic neuritis and my diagnosis. And that wasn't even a whole month.

Just know that if it is MS that everyone has it a little differently. Don't get swamped with the 'what-ifs' yet. It is easier said than done though.

Ask questions. And most importantly, breathe.

Comment

Thank you I think it's the waiting that's making more nervous

Comment

Working...
      X