Anxious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anxious

Awaiting prognosis after MS dx. Neuro/Ms appointment Wed. I am not so much afraid for me as my 6 yo son. I have a strong faith.

I'm sorry you've got MS, but please don't despair.

If it's the Relapsing-Remitting kind, you can take a dmd, and there's every chance you will have many, many, many good years ahead. The drugs are more effective than they were.

Sensory symptoms and Optic Neuritis at onset are meant to have a better prognosis than movement/ motor skill symptoms.

I'm still working (part time) and more or less walking after 17 years. All the best.

Comment

Weird first symptoms

As I am looking around I feel anxious about my long term prognosis because my first symptoms were fatigue many years ago, then breathing issues that have increased in severity. After a major respiratory episode and discharge from the hospital (10 days ughhhhh) I came home feeling better. Once I was off my oral steroids all he'll broke loose. I am walking with a cane, having trouble swallowing, no longer feel thirsty. Has this happened to anyone else? I have never heard anyone say they had breathing problems first, or did not feel thirsty.

Comment

Frontal cysts

Thanks for the encouragement! I know MS is different for everyone. Has anyone else had frontal cysts? I have 2.

Comment

Hello Mshelle and welcome to MSWorld.

The most common 'type' of MS is Relapsing/Remitting, approximately 85% are diagnosed with this 'type.'

Presenting symptoms are not necessarily an indication of prognosis.

When I was diagnosed I had severe mobility problems, Lhermittes, severe pain, bilateral leg weakness, numbness from the waist down, pins and needles in my legs and feet, hand tremors and vibrations/buzzing from the waist down. This was an exacerbation.

Over time I did improve but it took hard work on my part with frustration, fear and tears thrown in.

I was diagnosed at the age of 24 and had no children at the time. I did go on to have 2 children and I had always been able to take care of them, although during an exacerbation it made life quite a bit more difficult....but doable.

Has anyone else had frontal cysts? I have 2.
          I am assuming you mean you have 2 brain lesions?

MS is a disease of the Central Nervous System (CNS) which includes the brain, spinal cord and optic nerves. Lesions can and do show up anywhere within the CNS.

If you have MS, then having lesions on the brain, spinal cord and optic nerves is normal. Some have only a few lesions, others have a lot of lesions and others have somewhere in between.
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Brain system

I have the regular irregular spots or folci of MS in addition I have 2 cysts on my frontal lobe, one has ruptured, the other is intact.

Comment

I also have a cyst

Hi and welcome.

I have several lesions, o-bands, etc. But am also lucky enough to a pineal gland cyst.

I've been told that these cyst occur in otherwise healthy people. I hope that all you symptoms go away soon.

Comment

Working...
              X