Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In limbo

Hi everyone.
    So, last year I was out in the field at work, (I travel for work 100% on 30 day rotations) and I woke up one morning with a dark spot in the middle of my field of view, in my left eye. I was concerned, to say the least. After getting an MRI, they told me it was optic neuritis, with multiple lesions on my optic nerve. I did all kinds of other tests with my neurologist and he seemed pretty certain it was not MS. I did some steroid infusions for a week and it finally went away about two weeks after the infusions. I hoped it was over.
    I finally returned to work (I cannot do my job with any type of visual impairment) and by the end of my first rotation, my left finger and thumb now twitch. It's not very drastic but it is pretty much constant. I guess I will be seeing my doctor as soon as I get home.
    I have never had any of these things happen before, and I am 33 years old. Is it normal for MS to just pop up in adults like this?
    Either way, this kind of sucks.

Hi,

I've had the black spot in my vision too!!! It only lasted a few seconds but scary(blurry vision lasted longer)

Since lesions can be found along the optic nerve and in the brain, I've read that if you don't have lesions in the brain after being diagnosed with ON, your chances are far less of developing MS down the road as apposed to finding lesions on the optic nerve and in brain(lesions that aren't screaming MS but are questionable).

I had tremors in my hand for a couple weeks but in my case I believe it was completely due to stress( at the time my GP told me I had a 50% chance of having MS...so I had tremors till I saw my first neuro..approx. 2 week wait)

If your tremors are lasting a while, it doesn't hurt to contact your neuro to advise of your new symptom, and see what they say.

Any new symptoms that is constant and last + 24 hours should be documented my your docs.

Take care!

Minnie76
    DX with TN
    In Limboland

Comment

Thanks, Minnie : )

I don't remember hearing anything about lesions on the brain but definitely the optic nerve. I guess I should add that I am VERY prone to stress and maybe this is my problem. Who knows? I will definitely be seeing my neurologist as soon as I get home.

You take care as well!

Comment

Working...
      X