Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every second of every day occupied by MS

Recap:

June 2013: Both legs went numb while washing bottles. Both arms went numb shortly after. Fully function. Everything went away within 20 minutes.

July 2013, August 2013: A few episodes of numbness down left arm and leg.

Sept 2013: Numbness down right arm and leg. Dizzy. Went away within 3 hours. Complete state of panic ensued for weeks...hands and feet felt like burning on and off. Head felt off at times. Very quick and transient.

Feel buzzing sensations in back and in both feet.

MS Center at NY Presbyterian in NYC: MRI of Brain, Cervical and Spinal. All clear. No lesions. Sent on my way.

Oct 2013: Last numbness episode down left arm and leg. Went away within an hour.

Two local neurologist didn't think MS.

Peripheral Neurologist at Columbia in NYC suggested Small Fiber Neuropthy.

Dec/Jan/Feb 2013: Numbness in right foot and calf that comes and goes. Appears associated with walking without shoes or low support shoes in house. Goes away within 20 minutes to a few hours but comes every few days. Got better house shoes. Numbness decreased but not gone 100%.

I have not reported the foot and calf numbness to any neurologist as I haven't gone back to anybody. The next step is to get the EMG done, but I am scared to do it. Every second of every day is consumed by fear of what this is. I constantly worry about having bladder issues so I'm always thinking about it so I always feel like I have to pee. The buzzing in my back has decreased significantly but I still get it in my feet. Sometimes my feet feel like they are burning but it only lasts a few minutes to a few hours.

I have a 12 month old and a 3 year old, and I'm terrified of not being able to take care of them. Some hours or days, I feel 100% fine. Others, I feel off.

bless your heart!

snickers, hang in there!
    numbness is my major symptom. it is sooo frustrating. i remember in the beginning how crazy it would drive me.
    i'd wake up in middle of the night & feel like ants or spiders were crawling across my feet and i would be beating them off!

after so many drs. not giving me answers & one suggesting it was all in my head, i quit telling anyone about numbness.

sometimes it was hard to hide. especially wheni was really tired & would drag my left leg because it was numb from knee down.

please, keep a record of your sx's, then present them to a neuro. sometimes you have to keep trying different drs.
    it must be awful with two little ones.
    but the sooner that find out what is causing this, the sooner you can get help and meds.

may God bless you!

let us know how you are, we care.
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Thanks for your message. What was your diagnosis journey like?

Comment

Good morning, Snickers

I'm sorry that you're going through this but please know the members of MS World are here to support you and are a wonderful group of people. Ask any questions you may have and someone here will either have the answer or will happily point you in a direction to find one. Stay strong and positive

As for the EMG test, don't worry about it. If it's the test itself you're scared of, it's easy. The needles are itsy burst and you'll likely feel the pressure of being touched more than the poke of the needle. The electricity part is similar to a TENS unit with just a touch more of a bite. All in all, I thought it was more uncomfortable than painful.

If it's the result you're concerned about, I was too. Then I thought, "well, I already have symptoms so whatever is wrong is already here. Might as well put a name to it". The result will help lead to a name, an answer. The answer will help lead to a treatment plan.

I wish you the best of luck and am sending well wishes your way
        ~Morphi~

Thrown from the top of the waterfall, well I'm drowning in piranhas in the river...man, what a drag!

Comment

Working...
        X