Epstein Barr Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epstein Barr Virus

Has anyone been diagnosed with EBV and ended up years later getting the Diagnosis of MS?

I know I have.

Here is an article from the NMSS about it. http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...ses/index.aspx

Also this from NIH stating there may be a correlation, but the cause is still debated. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23448218
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

EBV

Seasha, Thank you for responding. I have come across several articles on the big debate about them being connected. It seems like ever since I was told I had EBV I have had on going health issues. I have nerve damage on the left side of my body. Constant tingling/burning and going numb. My tongue will go numb. I have this annoying flicking like twitching in my legs and around my eyes and mouth. The side of my head will burn and go numb. No lesions on MRI's just had a spinal tap and waiting on the results.

Comment

Ah yes, those annoying symptoms~~ Let us know what the results are Lori. There are so many conditions that mimic MS - sometime it takes awhile to get a definitive dx. Hope you find some answers soon!

Take care
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you so much! I hope to get some answers too! Being sick for 8 years you start to think your crazy! God Bless!

Comment

YES I have! The first MS neuro noted that fact, but then later went from saying my MS was benign to stating I no longer had MS. After several other diagnoses and new "eyes", MS was finally diagnosed a few years later.

So anyway, there seems to be an indication that MS and Epstein Barr are related in some way. Not a cause-effect connection, but perhaps a correlation.

Jan
            I believe in miracles~!
            2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
            Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Working...
            X