Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update from neuro-ophthalmologist

Hi,

Was referred to a neuro-ophthalmologist by my optometrist because I had blurry vision lasted less then a day, I had colour saturation issues with red and greens, on another occasion I had loss of partial vision which lasted seconds(dark black hole in central vision, I could see around but not through)

As I guessed it, my VEP were within the normal range. P100 was 102 in right eye and 107 in left.

He said that although I was having vision issues that are abnormal, since my test came back normal it did not support a diagnosis of MS. He didn't say it wasn't ON but I can read between the lines.

He advised me to keep a track of my vision issues and if I have new symptoms or they become worse, or they last longer then they had been to come back and see him, he said " we at least have a baseline to compare to if we need to redo the VEP"

I have an appointment to see my MS neuro at the end of the month to go over the things that have changed since my last visit in September...but I think I might cancel the apt. No point in talking about my vision issues if they're not ON..what do you guys think?

Since September I've had vision issues, I've also been having very sharp nerve pain in fingers/toes and back...I don't think this warrants a visit even if they are new symptoms.

thanks,
    Minnie76

Did your neuro say what you would discuss at this visit? If you still have questions about the plan, it might be worth it. But yes, I don't enjoy those visits that seem pointless. Were there other tests you still need to have done?

Plus the nerve pain ... are you taking something for it? Perhaps you could call the ms nurse and run it by her re: whether or not the appointment would be of value since you have a new symptom.

If you're not working tonight, drop by PW .

Comment

So glad I talked to Neuro's secretary

Hi Aspen,

So glad I took your advise and I called my neuro. I spoke to his secretary, she's so awesome and always nice. I voiced my concerns about if I should continue to see the neuro.

I told her that my family doctor in January was questioning why I still see him. GP said that neuro has not diagnosed me with MS so why do I continue to see him and to not waist my time.

She told me that he doesn't only see MS patients (which I already knew, because he has 2 offices, out of the MS clinic at St Mike's and also his another office. I see him at the other office because its closer to my home.

She read the neuro's last letter to my family doc, she said there is nothing in the letter to suggest that he is "cutting you off". He suggest I seek alternate routes, but she said he would have made it very clear if I didn't need to see him anymore.

I told her that I was so glad that I called her, because she knows how he works and I wasn't sure if maybe neuro and family doc were talking about why I was still his patient. She said no, the fact that he told you he wants to be updated with new symptoms means he wants to monitor you.

I told her that the VEP came back normal, she still said I should keep my apt because it's so hard to get in to see him. She told me to discuss any issues since my last apt in September such as vision and my electric shocks that I've been having.

Sorry I was at work last night so I wasn't able to join the chat

Take care!

Minnie76

Comment

Working...
      X