X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Lounge Check-in, valentines 2014

Happy alentines Day

..(& Welcome) to.......Newbies Lounge
    a special weekly thread & haven for our family of newbies Dx'd w/MS and newbies at heart, or just want to help.

Being a newbie can be just as scary and lonely as being in limbo. When I first got my formal MS dx, I felt lost, alone and tossed into a sea of hungry sharks.

Take a well deserved break from your travels on the MSuper highway,(exit Rest Area 51) pull into a nice cozy shady parking spot, Unwind in our Newbies Lounge, pitch a tent or just lay out a blanket and enjoy the crisp cool fall air.
    Feel free to share your ideas, experiences and support to your fellow newbies. Relax, you are among friends, friends that understand. We have a virtual soap box, feel free to vent anytime.

Help yourself to fresh Holiday Cookies and donuts. The camp fire is roaring in the open pit ready for hot dogs, marshmallows and smore's . We have resident elves to serve you, fresh hot apple cider (even hard cider), pumpkin pie & Donuts galore, and more.

W
    e also have fresh cookies, (big Chocoholic here) and red velvet brownies, fresh baked PACZKIs in more varieties than you can imagine, even fresh coffee, just follow the fresh aroma or just hang around visit and enjoy our company.

PLEASE.... Let US know how YOU, a member of our MS newbies family is doing.

Have a QUESTION? Please don't be shy........
    The only dumb stupid question........is the one NOT asked.

Any Dr. apts tests etc coming up?
    None for me for a few weeks anywho.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

........(just slightly imperfect).....

Good morning & happy (early) Valentine's Day

I'm on my way to the hospital for more testing this morning so I'll have to pass on the delicious pastries and whatnot. 😔

Pretty sure there's no electrocution on the agenda today and I'm thankful for that.

Have a wonderful day!!!
    ~Morphi~

Thrown from the top of the waterfall, well I'm drowning in piranhas in the river...man, what a drag!

Comment

Hello and WELCOME Mørphi....... How did the testing go at the horsepital?

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

I went for a glucose tolerance test as well as additional blood tests. Unfortunately, I don't have the results yet. My arms, however, are quite bruised and tired of being poked.

Today there were 6 needle insertions and I believe that the total since last Wednesday is close to 15. Good thing I don't have high blood pressure or I'd be a human sprinkler lol

Btw, that glucose drink stuff is awful awful awful
        ~Morphi~

Thrown from the top of the waterfall, well I'm drowning in piranhas in the river...man, what a drag!

Comment

That GTT drink is NOT Coke....ha ha!

A half life-time ago a sip of Coke landed me a meat-wagon ride to ER and hospitalized..... Heck my normal Rx'd routine calls for 6 needles a day in my human pin-cushion , 5 insulin and 1 Copaxone for MS. That is not counting 4 blood lettings for glucometer checks a day.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Whoa, that's a lot!! I'm very sorry that you have to do that daily!

I'm trying to get used to all this and my adjustment is slow going. With some time, and hopefully some answers, I'll get there.
            ~Morphi~

Comment

Working...
            X