MRI:Uncomfortable~Waiting for results:Torture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRI:Uncomfortable~Waiting for results:Torture

Just had my MRI today(with and w/out contrast). Thankfully my husband was allowed to be in the room with me near the machine so I was not so nervous. I have never had anything medically done accept for a c-section. It was definitely strange. When I was done it felt like my brain was turned into scrambled eggs.

Now I have to wait until my appointment with the neurologist on the 28th to get any results. It really is torture, or maybe I just lack patience. How do you pass the time without going crazy? I really just hope so very much that it will shed some light on what is going on.

I had to wait a while for my first MRI specific for MS....try and be patient, I know it can be torture waiting.

Now my MS neuro has my annual MRI done the same morning as my appointment, so I get the fingers report (loads of classic MS Dawson's Fingers) the same day.

Tomorrow will come, the 28th will come.......

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Thank you Gomer.

By dawson's fingers are you referring to lesions or something else? (this is all new to me and I am still in the process of learning about things.)

Comment

I am not a patient person and I didn't want to wait for my mri results so I picked them up myself. It was free to get them and the hospital gave me a copy of the cd as well as the radiology report. I am not a Dr. so I didn't understand a lot of it but it did tell me enough to know I had 7 lesions and that I did have ms. It took the waiting out until I saw the Dr. and also I was able to follow what the Dr. was saying so it was no surprise to be told I had ms. Good luck
        Tira

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Toodawgs View Post
          Thank you Gomer.

By dawson's fingers are you referring to lesions or something else? (this is all new to me and I am still in the process of learning about things.)
          Dawson's Fingers are one form of lesions that are classic for MS. Google 'Dawson's Fingers MS' and you should get plenty of links and many with MRI pictures so you can see whey they look like, and why they are called "fingers"....

Gomer

Comment

I can appreciate your anxiety. But I always get the CD right away and then in about 2 days or son, I ask Medical records for a copy of the radiologist's report. That way I know what is there (or not) and what questions to ask the Neuro when I see him.

These are YOUR records. I always get copies of my records and keep them in case I see another doctor who is not able to get my records via computer.

So try Monday by asking Medical records for a report. The CD is good to get but you may not be able to understand what you are looking at.

And know that the radiology report is listed as "impression" not definitive answer. Your Neuro will give you the results and show you lesions if they are there.

Dawson are oval shaped lesions which I believe only MS has. I had many many lesions, but not the "classic" MS ones till years later. I was listed as possible, then probable and yes finally the Dawson finger type showed.

Good luck! Let us know how you are doing ok?

Warmly, Ja
            I believe in miracles~!
            2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
            Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Working...
            X