Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaky Legs???

Hi guys,

Does anybody get shaky legs? This comes and goes with me.

When I go down the stairs, I don't put my foot down flat, I land on the ball of my feet, and as I put my heel down, my legs start to shake.

I've also experience shaky thighs after sex(right always worse).

Today, depending on my leg position while I'm on the couch my leg is shaky.

Does anybody get this? What does this sound like?

I do also get a lot of muscle spasms all over my body. EMG and Nerve Conduction Test normal.

Thanks,

Minnie76
    Limbo since Jan 2012
    Diagnosed with TN Jan 2013

Hm, that happens to me sometimes. I just chalk it up to spasticity.

Comment

Minnie,

I will sometimes get what is known as an intention tremor in my legs. They are initiated by movement. Mine will stop after firmly pressing the ground with my heel. Here is a link for you: http://www.webmd.com/multiple-sclero...elated-tremors

Hope this info helps!
      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Thanks for the link! I always just though it was spasticity!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the posts, the article was great.

Thing is, I never told any doc that when I was first told by my family doc that it may be ms, and the two week period that I waited to see my first neuro, I developed tremors in my right hand, my fingers would jitter, I remember being at work in front of people trying to type and my finger was not going to the number that I needed to press...I was a little embarrassed and would try and hide my hand.

Weird thing is it last a couple weeks then stopped. To this day I associate that time to just being stressed because I didn't know what was going on(still don't know, but I'm much more at ease)

However my leg thing is not stress related, so I'm glad I posted cause I didn't know that it could be tremors.

I'll talk to my neuro, sounds like mine may be intention tremors.

My leg shakes so much after sex, I've often cried afterwards cause I didn't know what it was.

Do tremors come and go...because I don't always have it?

Thanks again!

p.s. Called my neuro-ophthalmologist and told the secretary that for a very brief second I lost part of my vision...like a little dark black hole in my field of vision...scary but didn't last long, so my apt from Feb6th has been changed to Jan 23rd!!!

Going to see a gastro next week to see why I had blood in stool for 4 days...going for CT scan of my abdomen...and the neuro-ophthalmologist all in one week!!! We may through in a colonoscopy to the mix too!!!

Take care!
          Minnie76

Comment

Hi Minnie,

My intention tremors also come & go, some days I don't have any, some days they happen a lot. The other tremor you have is a different type, and maybe is stressed induced? I think your best answer would come from your neuro. Here's a better link about tremors, from the National MS Society: http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...mor/index.aspx

I'm sorry to hear about your other issues. Sure doesn't sound like a fun week ahead for you. Let us know how your tests turn out.

Best wishes ,
            Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Thx!

Saw an ophthalmologist last week and he said he highly doubts that I have 4 different diseases, and that once I get diagnosed with something it will most likely be the cause of all my issues.

Hope the neuro-ophthalmologist has another piece of the puzzle!!!

Just did yoga...the average age of the participants are 65-70
              I the 37 year old, was the only one in that room that had to double up my mat for my knees!!! ***

If I can't laugh at myself who will???

I'll keep you guys posted...hoping for some answers soon

Minnie76

Comment

Working...
              X