Confusion about moving forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confusion about moving forward

I normally don't post on forums but need some guidance. My saga begins about a year ago with a lot of GI issues and severe anxiety and lack of concentration. Fast forward a bit after two endoscopies and a colonoscopy, I do not have celiac even though my IGG levels are elevated (unknown reason). I have been gluten free for a few months and feel not entirely better.

Now a month ago, i developed RLS and went to the neuro who ordered an MRI. Come to find out i have 2 lesions in my corpus callosum (small <1cm and final report is cannot rule out demyelinating disease). The second MRI with contrast noted the two lesions but they were "non-enhancing" which the neuro stated rules out MS. Meanwhile i was started on neurontin for the RLS with some improvement, however still get achey legs at night and in the morning and intermitant numbness on my right thigh (usually daily for about 20min) and its sporadic. I also have muscle fasciculations on my left thigh, arm, and eye.

The doctor told me that he doesnt think it is MS, which i am glad to hear, but am just really confused with my symptoms (which i know are inconsistant) and MRI results. I am also vitamin D deficient and taking supplements at the morning. Are lesions in the corpus callosum common for a 27 y/o male with no other medical history or neuro issues or should I pursue this more?

Hi C986 and welcome to MS World! Sorry you are having neurological problems. Many people have small lesions in their brains. It is your age that causes them not to be able to rule-out demyelinating disease. For now it seems like your neurologist is not concerned about MS. MS looks a certain way and is found in certain areas of the CNS on a brain MRI.

There is other testing that can be done to help diagnose MS.
    Evoked potentials, an LP etc. You may want to ask your neurologist to investigate further if you are concerned.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...-ms/index.aspx
    http://www.webmd.com/multiple-sclero...sis-spinal-tap

I wish you the best in looking for answers. Let us know how it goes, OK?

Take care
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X