Any help would be much appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any help would be much appreciated

For almost three months, I have had a strange feeling in my head, which includes intermittent dizziness, some pressure, and constant indescribable foggy feeling. I am a working professional with kids, and just woke up randomly one day with this feeling. This feeling always gets worse around 3-4 p.m., and lets up a little at bedtime.

About a month into this, I started getting daily tingling in my arms, legs, and face, usually but not always while lying in bed. Sometimes the tingling goes to my back/ribs. It is not painful, but more like the feeling when your leg starts to fall asleep. When I stand up/change positions, the feeling usually goes away promptly with the exception sometimes of the tingling in my face. I have had other strange symptoms (eye reacting to fluorescent lights), but they have been fleeting.

I have had an MRI of the brain (1.5 Tesla), MRI of the spine(3.0 Tesla w/o contrast), and lumbar puncture, all of which were negative. Normal Vit B, no lyme, etc. I'm at a loss, as I cannot figure out where to go from here, and I keep coming back to MS as a possible explanation. Thanks for your help.

JP

Hello jpaul3405 and welcome to MSWorld.

When I stand up/change positions, the feeling usually goes away promptly with the exception sometimes of the tingling in my face.
    Changing positions does not cause MS symptoms to go away. It's not a positional thing with MS but damage to the Central Nervous System(CNS) --- nerves gone wild

If you find some benefit to symptoms by changing position your symptoms would not be due to MS.

I have had an MRI of the brain (1.5 Tesla), MRI of the spine(3.0 Tesla w/o contrast), and lumbar puncture, all of which were negative.
    It doesn't sound like MS is on the table (currently) based on the information given.

I'm at a loss, as I cannot figure out where to go from here,
    Keep working with your PCP and/or the neuro who did your testing to try and figure out what might be the cause of your symptoms.

There are numerous conditions/diseases/disorders which can share similar symptoms.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thanks

I really appreciate your time, and I will continue to plug away at figuring out is causing this.

As for the transient symptoms, the tingling is psychologically but not physically bothersome. The head symptoms, however, have been a constant (waxing and waning in severity) every day for approx. 3 months.

Truth is, you read on these threads all the stories of negative MRI (particularly 1.5 Tesla), and LP, only to end up with positive MRI and diagnosis. Candidly, when I hear that, and have been dizzy, etc for 3 months, it's tough to completely move on to another possible cause. I'd like to.

Comment

Have you had your iron levels or TSH tested? Hypothyroidism can mimic MS symptoms sometime.

As well, it may be structural, since the sensations change when you change positions. You should see a massage therapist to see if you have any pinched nerves or tension in your traps/neck.

Comment

I had my T3 levels checked, which were normal. MRI of the neck/spine was normal, but I'm all for trying out the massage therapist (and making sure I got the appropriate thyroid workup). Thanks!

Comment

ask your doctor to run a whole panel of anything that could influence your thyroid. That is what it sounds like to me (but I have no medical background)
            hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
            volunteer
            MS World
            hunterd@msworld.org
            PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
            X