Yikes! The Big Reveal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes! The Big Reveal

Wow, diagnosis sounding real b/c I am making a few announcements to a few friends. I am always the confidante, cheerleader, shrink to all and it is so weird to have the roles reversed. I feel like I must protect my buds and buoy them up. It is so weird and hard. And really the first day I have cried since D (diagnosis Wed) Day. AND I really need to get out of the hospital!!!!!

I remember the time all too well! It's been 14years since dx and like you, I was always the one to confide in and listen to other's troubles. I wrote a long email to family and friends far away to break the news and I still felt the need to soften things up for their sake! Same with facing others close by.

Really, there's no easy part of the big reveal. This was the time when I realized who my true friends were. Those that stuck by me. (I lost a few, to be honest.)

I hope this journey is a smooth one for you, KellyTour. It will have ups and downs, but keep in mind that crying is healthy!! It gets the sadness out to make space for lightness. You're going to be just fine and things will work out!

Hope you get out of the hospital soon and please take care
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you, Seasha

I appreciate your kind words. Though revealing my probable diagnosis was hard--and I have yet to tell my very best friends--it was also healthy, and healing. Not ready to ring everyone in my black book as it is emotionally draining, but lesson number one for me will be to rely on other friends to share my news. And I was discharged from the hospital last night. Hallelujah! Finishing my last two steroidal IV treatments in the comfort of my own bed--with my hyper 6 year old son and kooky rescue puppy. The little things in life count. Have a gorgeous weekend, be well, KT xx

Comment

Working...
      X