I had an MRI Friday, now waiting for results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an MRI Friday, now waiting for results

I noticed a tremor in my right hand a few years ago. I only noticed it when I was eating and it wasn’t really a problem. Several months ago my husband noticed it and I told him I’ve had it but it’s “fine”. Not long after that my daughter was over and she was really concerned when she saw it. I mentioned it to my doctor and she said something about intentional tremors. Of course I looked up the causes.

Everything I have read points to MS. I’m always very tired even after a good night’s rest. My right eye gets blurry sometimes.

When I mentioned MS at my last appointment she scheduled an MRI. I got the feeling that she was thinking of MS but not ready to mention it yet.

Other than my vitamin D being a little low, my blood work came out good. I lose my balance sometimes and feel weak.

I went for my MRI Friday and go for the follow up on Tuesday. My husband has been wonderful letting me rest and making dinner. I just hate sitting and not being able to help. I fold a load of laundry and I’m wiped out. I’m not sure what scares me more- an MS dx or not knowing what the problem is. I'm usually a very positive person but not knowing it tough. Thanks for letting me vent.

MRI

Vent all you like I know the feeling. my gate is bad on the left and my left arm is bad with tremors. I was DX 3 weeks ago and I'm getting worse. my speech is bad and I have lost my job over this and now cant find work even doing security. I start medication I hope in the next week.

Comment

jjear: waiting for mri results is always hard. I try to distract myself with something. I understand your fear of having MS or something worse. Most of us who are diagnosed have been through that fear. I was afraid I had ALS of something. Turns out I just had MS...no big deal when you thing about all the bad things it could be. So if MS is your worry...put that away. You can live with MS. And the drugs are getting better all of the time so if you do have it you can join us in the fight.

I hope your MRI was clean and things go well on Tuesday. Remember...distraction is the best way to go, and if you are fatigued like you posted, rest. No need to do a load of laundry. Let your family help you.

Take care and let us know how the MRI goes, OK?

Lisa
      Moderation Team
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

There were some questions on my MRI. The MRI was ordered by my GP. She referred me to the neurologist. My appointment is Monday. It's not that far away. I know I might not have answers then but the waiting is awful.
        Thank you for your words of support.
        Ellie

Comment

Working...
        X