Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

I posted earlier asking about tingling, numbness and other symptoms I am having. I wanted to update those who asked.
    I went to my CT scan this evening and received a call from my doctors office immediately following. The scan "showed no abnormalities". I am hoping I can see a neurologist now (I'm assuming whatever I have would be best helped by a neurologist). My mouth and chin are still numb and it's scaring me. Not sure if I need a referral? I really don't know where to go from here. I don;t know if it's MS, but I'm wondering if the CT scan would have been abnormal if that was the case. I know MRI's are used to detect MS normally. I'm also wondering if a radiologist from the hospital will look at my scan, or just my doctor since his office called me 15 minutes after my scan....?
    WOW this is alot of thinking out loud, sorry. I'm so glad I don't have a brain tumor though!!!

You need to ask your PCP for a referral to a neurologist due to your symptoms. A CT scan will not show MS lesions unless they are very large. You need to see a neuro to hear your symptoms, how long you have had them, if they change in any way. The neurologist will do a neurological exam. If it is abnormal in any way, he/she will order an MRI. At that point you will be able to see if you have lesions that look like MS or other things. No matter what, you need to see a neurologist.
    This requires a referral in most cases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes, OK?

Take care
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Will do. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Working...
      X