Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird pain

Hello,

Been having weird yet intense pain and trying to figure out the cause and solution.

I've had it before. It always comes in the evening/night. It's like my muscles are very tightly contracted, only they aren't, if that makes sense. It's like I want to constrict my muscles with all my strength, or to force them to relax, or both, but when I scrunch/tense up my muscles, it only makes the sensation worse.

Yesterday I went on a long run (for me), and it was hot. I'll admit, I did this on purpose as I was trying to prove my doctors suspicions wrong. lol. Well, that and I like to run.

I started out strong, but maybe fifteen minutes in, I got what I can only describe as chills inside my left leg. Not really weak, and not a huge problem, so I pushed through. I also got random "insect bite/stinging" --which was probably comical as I whirled around to find the offending creature. lol. Although this has happened before on maybe six occassions and isn't a huge deal. More annoying.

The rest of the day, I felt sort of dizzy. Again, can't fully describe it, and often, it feels like it originates in my neck.

Then, last night about 10pm, the pain hit me. I took ibuprofen, an extra sleeping pill, a hyocsyamine (which I take for an intestinal condition but which I've found/believe helps with twitching I used to get, and as it's an anti-spasmodic, hoped it might help. Didn't.

The weird cramping/hurting is still here, only this time only in my left arm. (Last night it was in both arms.)

My questions are: anyone experience/d anything similar and know what this is? And have you found any way to alleviate it?

Did my run cause it?

Sorry if I sound stupid. ?..have you been Dx'd with MS???

Your symptoms could be a lot of things.
    I think you arent getting any responses because, perhaps, you don't ping out as an MS' er..?

As silly as that may sound, there are a lot of people who 'look' here first for some reason.

No offence intended please!
    Disabled RN, Cardiac Intensive Care
    Dx'd 11/03/2005, Sx's for 15+ years prior
    STOPPED DM's 10/15/2010, last one, Tysabri

Don't ask for a better life, ask to be a stronger person!

Comment

Originally posted by Love3 View Post
      Hello,

The weird cramping/hurting is still here, only this time only in my left arm. (Last night it was in both arms.)

My questions are: anyone experience/d anything similar and know what this is? And have you found any way to alleviate it?
      I wonder if what you are trying to describe is really pain from spasticity. Sometimes stretching helps, or using the medications called Baclofen or Tizanidine.

Best wishes,
      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Hello, Brothrgoose, thank you for your reply. No, I haven't been diagnosed, and you may be right. I popped in here and have been reading because my PCP, chiro, and ENT are suggesting I might have MS. (Well, my ENT merely said, "central nervous system pathology"--or at least, those were the results of the caloric/vertigo testing. They were the ones who referred me to a neuro and ordered the MRI.

But you may be right. I do have a lot going on--my biggest complaint right now being insane symptoms from lymphocytic colitis that seems unresponsive to corticosteroids--well, minimally responsive. I originally thought much of my symptoms were due to a B12 deficiency or electrolyte imbalance, but they did all my bloodwork and the only thing I was low in was Vt. D.

But reading your comments and assuming you were right, I went ahead and canceled those apt. No sense wasting time and money unnecessarily.

Thanks, Kimba. I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Have a great weekend!

Comment

Try and get your vitamin D level up to at least 60. Then see how you feel. After than, follow up with a neurologist if you are still having trouble to pursue a diagnosis of the CNS.

Good luck and let us know how it goes, OK?

Take care
          Lisa
          Moderation Team
          Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
          SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
          Tysabri

Comment

what to do...?

My very first symptom was vertigo...which, by the time I got the insurance approval and appt to be tested, all was "normal". Shocker! lol
            Stick with the Neuro...get that MRI. You are still able to be active. Maybe you will be 'lucky' and get early intervention to keep you that way!
            PLEASE DON'T THINK IM WISHING MS ON YOU!!!!
            Oh, and research has hypothesized that MS seems to be more prevalent in people that don't have a lot of vitamin D.

Your verbage...you sound savvy.

But, bentyl for sleep???!...try diphenhydramine. The other is just an old school sleeper for your gut! (like for colitis).

Keep us posted! You certainly have me curious!

Annie

Comment

I took ibuprofen, an extra sleeping pill, a hyocsyamine (which I take for an intestinal condition but which I've found/believe helps with twitching I used to get, and as it's an anti-spasmodic, hoped it might help. Didn't.
              Missed that comma there, Annie.

Wrong kind of anti-spasmodic to treat spasticity in MS, Love3.

I don't think you should cancel your MRI or appt. with the neuro, either. An ENT doc was the first one to mention I might really have MS. Saw him at the time for what really turned out as a misdx of Bell's Palsy. Wish I'd listened closer to him at the time! Spent the next several years experiencing 'wierd' symptoms that my PCP just kept brushing off. I can't help but wonder if earlier treatment would have helped me better off today.

BTW, vertigo has been an on/off symptom for me as well.

Hope you don't have MS, but some of your symptoms "might" be indicative of it.

Best wishes,
              Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

hey now!???

Kimba,
                What comma was I missing???!

I felt I was pretty through. ?

U have me at a loss!!!
                Please tell me....I am not being facetious!!
                Annie

Comment

I took Ibuprofen, an "extra" sleeping pill, a hyocsyamine (which I take for an intestinal condition but which I've found/believe helps with twitching I used to get, and as it's an anti-spasmodic, hoped it might help. Didn't.
                  Annie,

The comma between an extra sleeping pill and a hyocsyamine. I don't think Love3 took the hyocsyamine for sleep. I think she took it for pain. She mentioned it was an antispasmodic ... right idea, wrong med if the pain in her arms was from spasticity.

Just my interpretation!
                  Kimba

Comment

Thanks, ladies,

You both cracked me up! That pesky comma!

Comment

Ah,
                      I see, said the blind man!!

Annie

Comment

Working...
                      X