Smart phones, muscle cramps, arms "asleep"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart phones, muscle cramps, arms "asleep"

Still in limbo. I have developed mild intention tremors, primarily in my left hand on the more numb side. Tends to happen more when I am overly tired. Not that it takes much to bring that on. I've had a crazy few weeks at work. I really thought that my smart phone had gone bezerk but it's just my left hand.

I have had De Quervain's tenosynovitis unrelated to CIS (at least I assume it isn't, my arm and hand muscles are not in spasm). Woke up this morning with both arms asleep. Still not sure if it's due to the swollen tendon sheath. But now my thigh muscles are in spasm. I wish these symptoms were able to fit neatly into categories. The thumb and wrist pain I can trace back to driving a 4-wheeler on consecutive Saturdays (holding the accelerator thing down). There are no probable events to explain away the thigh spasm.
    CIS DX 2013

Write your symptoms down, and save them for the next visit to the neurologist. Unless they are lasting >24 hours, if so, call your neurologist about it now. Otherwise just keeping a list will do. I am sure they want to do another MRI on you at some point. The best thing to be on the lookout for is symptoms that last for more than 24 hours and are continuous, that do not come and go. At that point, call the neuro and they will do an MRI to check for new lesions.

Hope you feel better soon!

Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

thanks

I've really got to start a symptom diary, just seems overwhelming to have something else to keep track of. I used to schedule every hour of my day, including breaks and recreation, of course, in college. I think I have to do that again. It will help me to figure out when to say "no" as well. No more spoons.

The intention tremors are always present, just more noticeable when I'm getting tired. Still on the numb side, hopefully nothing more than pseudo-exacerbation.
      CIS DX 2013

Comment

Working...
      X