Was diagnosed on Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was diagnosed on Monday

Hi all this is my first post... I still am in shock about all of this... I had been in limbo for 6 months not knowing what was going on... So now my doctor wants to put me on copaxone... He said it is a very good medicine out here... He said a lot of other drugs have super bad side effects... How bad does that needle hurt? I have a big phobia of needles... Also I must say between the 3 MRIs, blood tests, and the spinal tap I should be a pro...Also does any one have any recommendations on how to cool of my skin? It's like I have this sun burn that won't go away... Especially when my skin touches the sheets or clothes...it's driving me nuts... I would appreciate anyone's advice...
    Thank you
    It all started with a mouse.. " Walt Disney"

Hi Sicillian650: I am sorry you had to join the club with us. Welcome to MS world! The good thing is, now you know what you are fighting. I used Copaxone for a while and loved it! It has hardly any side effects! Sometimes there are some injection site reactions on the skin especially when using the injector device. However, the injector device sounds like it was made for you since you do not like needles! It is just a spring loaded device where the needle is hidden inside (looks like a pen) and you just hold it to your skin and push a button, the medication goes in. Of course you have to load the medication into the pen, but a nurse will come to your home and teach you all of this. They will also teach you how to inject manually if you are into that.

It is a subcutaneous injection, so it doesn't go deep into the skin, just barely under it. The Copaxone stings a bit, I am not going to lie, like a bee sting. But that is it. No flue like symptoms, none of the icky stuff. You just feel normal.

As far as your warm skin feeling goes, those are called parasthesias. They are generally from lesions in your brainstem or spine. This is hard to treat, and best to let it run its course. It seems the more cold things you put on your skin, the hotter it gets. Not good. I have tried it myself. I am sorry you have it.

Well, I am glad you are getting set up and on your way! Any more questions? Send them our way. Also, check out the Copaxone section of the Medication Threads, many people have many experiences with it...but don't let the bad ones scare you off. You can share yours there too.

Take care, keep us posted, OK?

Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Hi Lisa....
      Thank you for all the advice... I hope this burning thing goes away.... It's driving me nuts..I want to rip my skin off...
      It's no good... I should be starting the copaxone this week.. Going to have my mom give me the injection for a few times just because I'm a chicken little... I feel like this is all a dream... Do you do any exercise? Yoga or anything?
      I use to do intense exercise before all this but now the heat irritates me too much now....
      It all started with a mouse.. " Walt Disney"

Comment

WE DIAGNOSED 2WEEK AGO AND I KNOW THE FEELING OF ITS A DREAM. I WISH MYSELF I WAS AND THAT I COULD WAKEUP AND GO BACK TO WORK BUT THAT NEVER HAPPENS FOR ME. I WISSH YOU WELL AND HOPE THINGS GET EASIER FOR YOU SOON

Comment

Working...
        X