Toenail differences....first sign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toenail differences....first sign?

So when I think back to some of the first signs I had besides the facial numbness it was horizontal lines/ridges on my toenails. Anyone else have their nails change and they knew something was wrong?
    Isabell

Hi MooseR,

Changes to finger/toe nails can indicate certain health problems. MS does not show up in abnormalties of the nails.

I am wondering if what you are describing is beau's nails:
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/003247.htm

If you haven't discussed this issue with your Primary Care Physician then you probably should.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Beau'slines are indicitive of trauma or a stress on the body. Can occur due to a variety or reasons (drugs, injury, illness, surgery, etc). I happen to have them on a few toes and on my fingernails as the result of a prior MS flare.

My doctor said said it is not a problem to have Beaus lines (they eventually will travel down nail as your nails grow) - but they are a sign of something going on. He said the issue was not the Beaus lines, but what caused them to begin with.

Hope this helps-
      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult...

Comment

Thank you for all of your thoughts. My body is an annoying mystery right now! I woke up this morning and noticed my thumb has a yellow tint to it....what in the world!!
        Isabell

Comment

A yellow thumb is definitely not MS. The first thing that comes to mind with yellow skin is jaundice from a liver problem. That needs to be checked out by a doctor. And the more parts of you that look yellow the sooner that needs to happen!

Comment

Working...
          X