Got MRI Results...Dr is doubtful it's MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got MRI Results...Dr is doubtful it's MS

So after seeing the doctor, and having my MRI, he's leaning towards not MS for the following reasons:

1. Passed neuro exam with flying colors. The only thing unusual was my exaggerated knee reflexes, but he said that it wasn't exaggerated enough to be of any concern, and was probably more related to the Ehlers-Danlos than anything else.

2. Numbness and tingling never last for a whole day, and come and go. (He thinks they're mechanical and tied to nerves getting pinched by my loose joints coming out of place)

3. The vertigo isn't constant - it's intermittent and seems tied with specific motions or changes in position (most of the time).

4. MRI was clear. Showed absolutely nothing of any concern whatsoever. Not even in the ear canals.

So his best guess is that the vertigo was just a super stubborn case of BPPV.

Unfortunately, after 2 months, the vertigo decided to finally abate just before I had an appointment with a Vestibular Balance center, so I cancelled it, and will have to reschedule if/when it comes back.

So I'm going to my regular doctor next week to talk to her about the results, get sent back to PT (for some other issues) and to see if I can get my Vitamin D, B-12 and Magnesium levels checked, even though I'd be VERY surprised if they're low, given the supplements I take on a daily basis. But you never know.
    J. Brooke Chao
    Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome

Glad to hear MS is very unlikely

Best wishes and I hope your Doctors can figure out what is going on
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I am so happy that the docotor has ruled out MS. Just be sure you get the 'real numbers for vitamin D, B-12 and magnesium levels. DO NOT take 'they're ok' as an answer. Be pro-active and know what your levels are. Good luck

Comment

Thanks

JerryD,

No worries. My doctor always sends the actual values for blood tests.
        J. Brooke Chao
        Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome

Comment

Oh my!

I am 28, and I'm suspected of Elhers Danloss.

I get buzzing, tingling, humming, twitches, all the time.

My MRIS are CLEAR. But, I'm hyper-mobile.

I wonder if I'm pinching nerves in my feet, legs and right shoulder now all the time.

Comment

I am happy for you.
            Use this as a "wake-up" call.
            I am sure that you have medical insurance, but make sure that you have good disability and LT nursing care insurance as well.
            Now that I have had all of these tests and a cervical spine surgery, there is no way I can get additional insurance.

Comment

Working...
            X