MRI results, HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRI results, HELP!!!

MRI RESULTS: on flair images, there are a few scattered nonspecific white matter lesions, primarily in the frontal lobes and right parietal lobe. none of the lesions involve the corpus callosum to definitely suggest demyelinating disease. post gadolinum enhanced images do not show any abnormal enhancing structures.

OPINION:
    nonspecific white matter disease, perhaps from migraines (ive never had a migraine in my life) as mentioned above, no corpus callosum involvement to definitely suggest demyelinating disease. todays study should serve as a important baseline evaluation for any subsequent imaging.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN??

Hi:

It just meant the neuroradiologist did not see anything to suggest MS at this time, or any other demeylinating disease at this time.

This is good.

Talk to you doctor about MS mimics like low Vitamin D levels, low Vitamin b-12 levels, magnesium levels and the like.

Hope you feel better,
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

ok that is obnoxious!
      the word "few" non specific wml's.... When I was 15 - they said the same exact thing...then of course years went on and i had strange symtoms come and go never thinking twice about it...When I was 34 I started getting bad headaches so they decided to give me an MRI and again one radiologist said "multiple" non specific lesions...and non enhancing - they sent me back for another 3 months later and the next radiologist said about 40 white matter lesions - unchanged from the previous one....of course the one from when I was a teen has already been destroyed. Please for your sake - have them count approx. how many you have and have them ammend the report! or at least get a disc to keep for your future just in case!!!! They will keep the report in your records for many years but I think the film will only be stored for 5 - however what good does a report do with the term "few" some radiologist say this can mean 3 some say 20 - there is a large variation here...

Comment

Working...
      X