Checking In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking In

Just wanted some input. Been a while since I've been here. Had MRI years ago due to some unexplained symptoms and 7 lesions were found. Fast forward about a year and half - another MRI then 9 lesions were found. Nuero suggested following up with spinal tap test. I never did make appointment due to nerves about the test and didn't want to face reality of a diagnosis. That was January 2012.

A month ago my right big toe went numb. I figured I would get some feeling back at some point and kind of ignored it. Then my right calf went into a permanent cramp - not awfully painful - just more annoying. That lasted for about two weeks or less. Then I lost vision for about 15 minutes or so in my right eye (about two weeks ago). I knew it was an ocular migraine or something along that line so I didn't freak out.

I started to feel like the combination of everything happening might warrant another visit to the neuro so I called. They scheduled me for another MRI Thursday evening. I went to my primary doc for bloodwork yesterday.

Just wanted to check in and share. My toe is still numb and I don't think it has spread at all. Kinda nervous that the nuero is going to suggest a spinal tap. Any thoughts on symptoms?

The LP IMO would be the last test that I would take. They are not 'always' conclusive. But I would get a whole lot of other tests and your neuro should be asking for them.
    The MRI with gadolinuim enhancement. There is a lot of blood tests that should be done. And nerve conduction tesats, also. Good luck

Comment

I agree, if you have 9 brain lesions, unless they are nonspecific, I would not do the LP either. Ask about the lesions, if they are consistent with MS. If not, you might have to do it just to get supporting evidence of MS or rule out other problems.

The LP is not the bad. I have had several in studies. I lived. No problem. Just follow the instructions and lie down the whole day or night after the procedure and you will be OK.

It might help you get a diagnosis sooner...whatever that diagnosis might be.

Take care
      Lisa
      Moderation Team
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Thank you for your advice. I have the MRI tonight so we will see what the new one says. I will try to obtain my previous reports too to see what they say about the lesions and whether they are non-specific, etc.

I guess I will have to weigh what the MRI says and what the neuro says. I really don't want the LP but I may have to pull up my britches and be a big girl....

Comment

Working...
        X