encouragement help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

encouragement help needed

Going middle of next week for a follow up neuro appt for my hubby. He is 6 weeks outside of his first onset of symptoms leading to MS dx. He was and is still having left side deficits arm and leg.

What blood work do we need to ask for? From my research and education on this forum, I've had him taking a multi vitamin, fish oil, and vitamin d.

I am also considering to have him take Acetyl L-Carnitine and Alpha-Lipoic Acid. He is EXTREMELY exhausted.

Keep in mind that I'm having to basically beg him every night to take any of this stuff. I've started taking the same supplements myself. He is not on board for eating any healthier, trying to exercise (difficult with the leg and arm numbness), or making any lifestyle changes.

I need help on how to encourage him to "help me help him"! I am very pro active and am educating myself excessively on the MS spectrum.

I am very aware of the 5 stages of grieving and realize he's still in the midst of these stages. His symptoms are greatly impacting our lives and especially his job.

I doubt he will ever be an active researcher or poster on this or any MS forum. I just want to enable him to have the best chances of recovery and the best life one can have with this rotten diagnosis. He is the love of my life and the most honorable and trustworthy person I've ever met. I love him unconditionally and want to help him but not sure how.

Thanks for reading this and I will be certain to consider any and all information you guys have. Most everyone on this forum have been in our shoes. I value your input.

Best wishes,
    Belle
    BamaBelle

Tysabri 03/14-present

Belle,
    It is good that you are pushing the supplement route. Don't forget to list the supplements, with their dosages, for the doctor to see.

If you don't already know, your husband needs to know his levels of vitamin D, B-12 and magnesium. Along with other levels that can be determined through blood tests.
    Just taking a minimum dose of any supplement is not always sufficient. You need to know where you stand, now, and slowly adjust, over time, to reach the desired levels. Good luck

Comment

I wish I had some good advice to give you. In my past experiences, you can only help someone that wants to help themselves... Sending hugs and prayers your way!
      In limbo waiting on DX

Comment

My husband (does not have MS) has always been a horrible patient, skipping appointments, always knew more than the doctors etc...until last December when he almost died because of not getting proper treatment. He spent most of the month in the hospital and they seriously pushed for him to go to a nursing home. That was all it took, he is 100% better now about following orders. Sometimes they have to learn the hard way
        DX Probable Benign MS 2006
        Changed to Fibromyalgia
        Seizure 2011
        Many new symptoms starting 1/2013

Comment

Working...
        X