wish me luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wish me luck!

I'm going to the neurologist tomorrow at UofMichigan. Hopefully they will be able to get a good idea of if they think this is MS or not. I'm sure this is just the first appointment of many. But I'm so glad to finally get in finally!

Don't forget to ask about your levels of vitamin D, magnesium and B-12. These nutrients are often found to be deficient in adults. Check it out. Good luck

Comment

Lots of luck to you. I hope you find the answers and expertise that you need.
      BamaBelle

Tysabri 03/14-present

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
        Don't forget to ask about your levels of vitamin D, magnesium and B-12. These nutrients are often found to be deficient in adults. Check it out. Good luck
        Yes, we've been over them many times. Vitamin D was a bit low last year, but I'm on supplements and it's back to normal. B-12 is fine, magnesium is fine, but I still take some every night for muscle spasms. Thank you!

Comment

Well, that was an interesting appointment.

Neuro said that what we thought was trigeminal neuralgia sounds more like cluster headaches. He said to read up on it and see if I agreed, but he was fairly certain that's what it was. I got home and did a little research and sure enough, cluster headaches fits what is going on with my face pain. I guess it involves the trigeminal nerve, so it's understandable my dr thought it was TN. So I'm starting topamax to see if it helps. Crossing my fingers it helps because this past couple weeks has been horrible for the pain.

He wants to see if a herniated disc I have is causing my symptoms, so he's having me get an MRI done of my thoracic spine with contrast, since they didn't do one with contrast when I had my MRI done in January. But he can't have me do another brain MRI yet. He wasn't really happy with the quality of the MRIs I had done, and is sending them to their radiologists to have them take a look. After reading the report on my thoracic MRI I had had done without contrast in Jan, he said that he thought it was the disc that was my problem. But once he looked at the MRI he said it didn't look near as bad as they made it out to be.

Some things I found out. I have a positive Babinski reflex on my right foot (right side is my worse side). No reaction at all to the test on my left foot. Still have hyper reflexes in my knees. But he said I have increased tone and stiffness in my legs. And that my legs have a lot of weakness. I had trouble resisting the force of his hands when he asked me to press my legs against his hands in the different directions, etc. And when he tested my ankles for clonus, it sent a shock up my spine!

Plus, I have all the weird stuff with double vision going on in my eyes, and the memory issues, etc, etc.

So, first step is another MRI. And he wants me to get a sleep study done since I'm so exhausted. After the MRI I go to see him again for a follow up. He said if it looks like it's the disc that's the problem, he'll send me to the spine center or something like that. If not, we'll probably do a lumbar puncture and go from there.

So he seemed to want to get to the bottom of this. And it is nice when your body shows it's tricks to the Dr when you go in!! Sometimes it seems like when you go in, there is nothing for them to see. But he got to see lots today.

So, long story short. He said he could see why my first neuro said it looks like MS. And since the radiologist said my brain MRI looked fine, then he could see why the first neuro said it wasn't MS after all. But he didn't say it wasn't MS, but of course didn't say it was. He did seem concerned, and since he suggested the LP, I think MS must still be on the table?

Comment

Working...
          X