Ok its MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok its MS

48 years old Been avoiding symptoms lots of falls. My Primary MD took labs which led to brain MRI &P on a Thursday. Return call from MD and Neurol;gist 11A next day. Im a nurse and know its not good. "Probable MS' great. Able to get in with my Husbands neurologist. Well long story short more tests to comferm start neurontin to treat symptom "pain" couldn't do good exam I have been in pain but deny it. My dad died unexpected befor follow up MRI spine and evoke potential test but Im caught up and yep every thing sucks lots of lessions. Thursday is my follow up and I feel like Im just wining. Help.

Suzzane: In the beginning it can for sure for sure feel overwhelming. The best thing you can do is educate yourself about the disease.

I am a bit confused. Did they diagnose you with probable MS or MS? If they diagnosed you with MS, the you can go to the National MS Society and read about all of the medications (DMD's) go get prepared for your appointment with your neurologist.

Glad they gave you some Neurontin.

Best of luck
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Hello and Welcome Suzanne!

I'm sorry for your dx but I'm glad you've found us. You've been in a whirlwind in a very short time span! It does sound like you have a team of experts looking after you. This is a good thing.

Learning you have MS is very disconcerting but as you learn more about it, it doesn't seem so scary. Knowledge is power!

I suggest reading through the forums. We've been through this experience and can offer advice, help, hope, and caring.

Feel free to post any questions or concerns you may have.

Being scared is normal, in the beginning you'll go through tons of emotions. Just know that's its OK! And know that we're here for you!
      When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Hugs to you.
        I know that the minute I got a "could be MS," or "Sorry, but you are in Limbo," I got really scared.
        I had to educate myself and realize that yes, it sucks.
        No, I didn't do anything to get it.
        It picked me.
        There are people that are way worse off with other conditions or a bad case of MS than I have.

Thank God for everyday.
        Make plans.
        Go do things.
        Live your life well.

It may take years to rob you of your mobility, so do a lot NOW.

Try to make peace with it and how to get the best medical treatment for it.

God Bless you!

Suzi.

Comment

Working...
        X